New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    You should have not started it in the first place without opening the engine. After 5 long yrs. pretty sure all the lubricating oil in the piston and rings are all dried up. Congrats, you have scratch the cylinder walls of your engine. The oil in the pan are very viscous and you might have only checked what's in the dip stick. Have a mechanic check it.

Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    My grandfather died 5 years ago and he left a kia picanto in his garage. I tried to start it kanina however it only cranks. I already filled it with fresh gasoline 4 liters but it still would not start. Engine oil is fine. Fuel line is fine no leaks. This was in good running condition before he left the mortal world.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    bayaan nyo na nagawa na nya ma start eh :-)

To TS, isipin mo na lang na training ground mo yan para mag kalikot ng car DIY tapos lahat ng gagastusin mo is tuition fee.

Madami ka coach dito

Good luck and happy DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Nobody is bringing it up so I’ll just ask for it... can the OP post a picture of the engine bay?

I’m less worried with the engine being cranked before fluids were changed. Damage, if any, is negligible because there’s hardly any load applied to it and the motor surfaces isn’t totally devoid of oil even after 5 years. Ease up on the fellow and just focus on the elephant in the room.... which is the no-start condition. Don’t get me wrong... the OP should change out the oil eventually, but at this point, it’s not super critical that he does.

I’d check the electrical systems for infestation or critter damage. Injectors may also need cleaning.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    I agree na sana hindi na dapat ni try i-start, but 110% sigurado ako na lahat tayo dito (incuding me) yun din ang unang gagawin.

Pretty sure not all of us will do it ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not me...

Sa ngayon litong lito na si TS sa dami ng nag suggest. Vehicle not started for 5 years... What to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Basta, pakita niya dapat agad sa qualified mechanic kung clueless siya on what and what not to do.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    *suysuy

It's been 2 days since the thread was started...

Nag-start na ba yung car mo?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    same situation here, car is sitting for 2 years. Mga nagawa ko na emptied fuel tank, replace fuel filter, lubricated front brakes, bleed brake lines. Coming soon change oil, clean sparkplug, buy new battery, put some oil sa sparkplug hole to lubricate the cylinder wall, change/flush the radiator fluid, clean carburetor. Haaaaay dami pa

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by a3n3as View Post
    same situation here, car is sitting for 2 years. Mga nagawa ko na emptied fuel tank, replace fuel filter, lubricated front brakes, bleed brake lines. Coming soon change oil, clean sparkplug, buy new battery, put some oil sa sparkplug hole to lubricate the cylinder wall, change/flush the radiator fluid, clean carburetor. Haaaaay dami pa
    Did you start the car first or replaced the parts right there and then?
    I think that is what majority of the people here would love to know.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast