New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    mga bossing,
    magtatanung lang ako kung saan ang location ng vacuum pump ng corolla 2e engine? mahina kasi vacuum kaya lang di ko alam kung saan ako mg-sstart ng linis. nalinis ko na lahat ng hose pero ganun pa rin. malakas naman humatak makina. mas ok sana kung may diagram kayo na ma-sshare sa akin... salamat po muli and sana matulungan nyo ako...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Are you saying the Engine vacuum? I dont get what you've have been asking that your vacuum are weak. For any reason, if vacuum are weak then the problem are vacuum leak.

On older carbureted engines, vacuum is needed to pull fuel into the engine. Vacuum siphons fuel through the idle, main metering and power circuits. An engine with a vacuum leak, will likely be an engine that suffers from the symptoms of lean carburetion such as lean misfire, hesitation, stalling and rough idle. Sometimes that symptoms can also be caused by a clogged catalytic converter or other exhaust restriction, a leaky EGR valve or valve timing problems (all of which reduce intake vacuum). This will apply to fuel injected engine also. Check all your hoses for small crack you might have to change if brittle, clean all the oropice w/ needle maybe they are clogged,(male oropice are small piece of metal where you connect all your vacuum hose.

Important thing to keep in mind about vacuum leaks is that they have the most noticeable effect at idle.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by odrag View Post
    mga bossing,
    magtatanung lang ako kung saan ang location ng vacuum pump ng corolla 2e engine? mahina kasi vacuum kaya lang di ko alam kung saan ako mg-sstart ng linis. nalinis ko na lahat ng hose pero ganun pa rin. malakas naman humatak makina. mas ok sana kung may diagram kayo na ma-sshare sa akin... salamat po muli and sana matulungan nyo ako...

odrag,
    your engine is a vacuum pump itself, hehehehehe. is your 2e carbureted or is it 2ee (fuel injected)? are you talking about the air induction hose between the air filter and the throttle body? it if is the L type fuel injection, the airflow meter signal will not jive with the throttle position signal and the engine will hunt. however if it is the D type fuel injection, the only adverse effect is a dusted engine. the engine vacuum should be between 17 to 21 inches of mercury(inHg) at idle speed. if the vacuum is low, there could be a vacuum leak behind the thottle plate at the carburetor base or the intake manifold gasket or a leak at the PCV valve or the vacuum brake booster. please clarify your problem statement for a more definitive answer.
    jick

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thanks to all the replies, my car is 93 corolla xe with 2e engine-carb type. my real problem is my 'idle up'. it doesn't go up everytime the aircon is 'on' because there is no vacuum. i already check all the lines and clean it all up but still the vacuum is weak and its not enough to full the plunger for the idle up. also i want to ask where is the location of the egr valve so i may clean it if necessary. i'm trying to do it on my own coz i already bring it to different mechanics and they all told me contradicting advice and i had to pay them for that. hope you guys will help me...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by odrag View Post
    thanks to all the replies, my car is 93 corolla xe with 2e engine-carb type. my real problem is my 'idle up'. it doesn't go up everytime the aircon is 'on' because there is no vacuum. i already check all the lines and clean it all up but still the vacuum is weak and its not enough to full the plunger for the idle up. also i want to ask where is the location of the egr valve so i may clean it if necessary. i'm trying to do it on my own coz i already bring it to different mechanics and they all told me contradicting advice and i had to pay them for that. hope you guys will help me...

odrag,
    the egr valve is a round thing with a diaphragm inside about three and a half inches in diameter connected by a tube of about 5/8 inch to the exhaust manifold and attached to the intake manifold. it has a black neoprene vacuum tube (1/4" outside diameter) connected between its top vacuum pot to the intake manifold through a vsv (vacuum switching valve). your idle up mechanism is that of a vacuum throttle kicker with a neoprene vacuum tube connected to the intake manifold via a solenoid valve. please don't forget to check the operation of this valve or its wiring. one of the wires is connected to ground and the other wire connected parallel to the air conditioning clutch wiring.
    jick

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    odrag,
    the egr valve is a round thing with a diaphragm inside about three and a half inches in diameter connected by a tube of about 5/8 inch to the exhaust manifold and attached to the intake manifold. it has a black neoprene vacuum tube (1/4" outside diameter) connected between its top vacuum pot to the intake manifold through a vsv (vacuum switching valve). your idle up mechanism is that of a vacuum throttle kicker with a neoprene vacuum tube connected to the intake manifold via a solenoid valve. please don't forget to check the operation of this valve or its wiring. one of the wires is connected to ground and the other wire connected parallel to the air conditioning clutch wiring.
    jick
    thanks sir jick! i will do that and post the outcome next time!

Vacuum pump?