New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    engine flush:

Many motorists posting in websites specializing in lubricants swear by the performance of Auto-Rx; check it in this site: www.auto-rx.com. Is this already available locally? Hope it is.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by co_drums_ol
    ner,
    i think it is safe. Eveytime i have my oil changed i use POWER FLUSHING OIL by caltex. According to them its safe because its oil based, not compared to those who contain harmful elements that u mix with the used oil and then flush altogether. In using this u drain first the used oil and then put the drain plug again then put 1/2 of the amount of oil required to your engine. for example if u use 5 liters of engine oil, u can use 2-3 liters of power flushing oil. Then after idling for 5-10 mins, turn off the engine then flush again

ungas,
    u know wat , i also had my starex flushed using the high pressure air, they used a rag for it. But CALtEX people have this belief and i think all of them was told not to do this using compressd air inside the engine. It is a fact that this air that came from compressors have water content and we all know that water in a beg no no to our engines, but this shell mechanic was defending his practice that th RAG which i sed a while ago can trap all the water and only air will go in the engine.. Both of them have points but, i thin its better to be safe, but ifthe water will surely be trapped to the rag then no prob. just my advice. tnx :wink:
    i use power flush by caltex every 10k. i change oil every 5k using hav energy.
    pero sa caltex sa corner ng boni ave n katipunan, they use high pressure air when draining..

:?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Using engine flush