New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Actually, they do. You just have to ask. It's usually not open information.

For example there was a recent thread regarding Mann filters used in our cars, and surprisingly it had a rating of 50 microns which is way too high compared to other cars that have around 10 micron filtration ability. Thing is, it was spec'd for our old diesels, so robustness was key. I've been using that since the first time I owned the car, not a single problem because they're spec'd correctly.

That, or you can experiment with some yourself. Problem is sometimes it's not worth going through all that trouble when people in general know what works and what doesn't.

If I were you I'd try something different. Say, if you've been using OE parts, try OEM, or replacement on the third cycle. Then during those times, make notes. If it's an oil filter you're testing, see if the oil gets worse sooner than it would with another type. You can tell by visually inspecting the dipstick. Or another, if you're experimenting with an air filter, see if driving the same route will cause the same amount of dirt to be filtered. If not, then one filter may allow more dust in, but again you can't really have a strict control variable unless you set your car up with constant amount of dirt for the filter to trap. So like I said experimentation will require so much of your resources and time.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for most purposes, replacement filters here are ok. we've used them on lots of high hp cars without any problems. plus it is unusual that we let the oil change duration last for more than 10k kms like in other countries so wala masyado problem with using vics, bosch's, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
usapang filters