New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was playing with my car this morning, on open road of course.

I was in 2nd gear and pushing the car, when I reached 4000 RPM, in 2nd gear, an unusual tik, tak, tik, tak noise came out, emanating from the engine. Dinig na dinig yung noise, and it went on until 5000 RPM, still in 2nd gear.

Is it the valves? Ano pa kaya pwedeng maging source nung nosie. The engine or car is not vibrating, it was very stable, if not only for that tik, tak noise.

The car is Lancer GLXi '97 M/T.

Thanks for your input.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does it sound like a stone in a can?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir ghosthunter

Hmm....... Its very difficult to describe.

It's more like the sound of small loose metals eh! This is the closest description I can give you.

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwedeng valves or worse engine knock. Have it checked ASAP.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It could be the tappets needs adjustment or the valve seats.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Bro when i heard the same knocking sound from my cars 2nd gear at 5k rpm pag stop ko sa redlight,hindi na pumasok yung primera.Eventually my car was towed at the nearest auto shop...Bumigay yung transmision ko.

By the way pre,dont ignore that knocking sound...Kse bago nangyari to i ignored that knocking sound more than eight times yata,then after that..Yun na tow na yung kotse ko and i spent 9k for transmission repair :wink:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Bro when i heard the same knocking sound from my cars 2nd gear at 5k rpm pag stop ko sa redlight,hindi na pumasok yung primera.Eventually my car was towed at the nearest auto shop...Bumigay yung transmision ko.

By the way pre,dont ignore that knocking sound...Kse bago nangyari to i ignored that knocking sound more than eight times yata,then after that..Yun na tow na yung kotse ko and i spent 9k for transmission repair :wink:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    slowpoke,

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car. As for me, okay naman, pumapasok pa naman sa mga gears. Twice ko ginawa yung pag push ko ng car to 5K RPM at 2nd gear and after hearing the sound the second time di ko na inulit.

I'm still observing the car for now, kasi kapag nasa ibang gear ako and I reached 4K RPM wala naman yung unusual noise.

Anyway, I'll take note of your advise and the others too.

Thanks.

Unusual noise starting from 4000 RPM