New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    4D56 TDIC only makes 99 bhp. Yes its slow as a glacier. Pero mabagal din naman ako magdrive kaya bale wala sakin yun. And when it does reach crusing speed (around 120kph on the NLEX), it can comfortably maintain that speed. I have no problems keeping up with metro traffic so long as I drive within the optimum areas of the powerband.

Siguro sanayan lang 'yan. I've been driving 'underpowered' cars since I stared driving (72bhp Pajero, 80bhp Benz, 105bhp MB100, 99bhp Pajero, 70bhp Besta, etc.).

And with the kind of traffic we have, having a small engine makes economical sense.
    i wonder why yung paj.95 namin that we traded with kimps trooper ay na piston ring na raw at 128k km. pa lang...e alaga naman sa change oil n p.m.s yng paj. namin...sbi nila d trooper daw can outlast d engine of d pajero threefolds & 1 of d reasons is underpowered ang pajero...any input on this sir? what went wrong kaya....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: bago ba yung Paj nung kinuha niyo? Baka abused ng former owner (e.g. no turbo cooldown, always running flat-out, etc.).

And Isuzu does seem to make good engines but it does not mean Mitsu makes bad ones.

Though the 4d56 will still keep on running even at its worst. Our first 4d56 was a candidate for overhaul from the first day we got it. But we used it for more than 7 years and we never got around to overhauling it. Sometimes I still feel bad for selling that old Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT: bago ba yung Paj nung kinuha niyo? Baka abused ng former owner (e.g. no turbo cooldown,
    got it at almost 90k km. 4 years ago (comp. service record diamond motors or smething) ....anyway, now i remember, nung last check nya pinalitan yung fan ng intercooler turbo...maybe matagal na raw di umiikot...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4D56 TDIC only makes 99 bhp. Yes its slow as a glacier. Pero mabagal din naman ako magdrive kaya bale wala sakin yun. And when it does reach crusing speed (around 120kph on the NLEX), it can comfortably maintain that speed. I have no problems keeping up with metro traffic so long as I drive within the optimum areas of the powerband.

Siguro sanayan lang 'yan. I've been driving 'underpowered' cars since I stared driving (72bhp Pajero, 80bhp Benz, 105bhp MB100, 99bhp Pajero, 70bhp Besta, etc.).

And with the kind of traffic we have, having a small engine makes economical sense.
    My sentiments exactly.... I've owned 3.5L SOHC VTEC engines (2001 MDX and 1999 Odyssey), a 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC (2002 CR-V EX), a 2.2L SOHC (1996 Odyssey), a 2.5L DOHC V6 (1990 Lexus ES250), and a 1.7 VTEC (2000 Civic EX). My 1.6L APV does not seem to be underpowered compared to those mentioned above. Siguro kung sa US pa ko nakatira, UNDERPOWERED sya. You also need to figure in the location kung saan mo itatakbo ang sasakyan mo. And I've driven my APV for 5K kms para i-qualify yung observations ko. Yabang kasi yung umiiral sa iba sa atin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky
    I've owned 3.5L SOHC VTEC engines (2001 MDX and 1999 Odyssey), a 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC (2002 CR-V EX), a 2.2L SOHC (1996 Odyssey), a 2.5L DOHC V6 (1990 Lexus ES250), and a 1.7 VTEC (2000 Civic EX). My 1.6L APV does not seem to be underpowered compared to those mentioned above. Siguro kung sa US pa ko nakatira, UNDERPOWERED sya. You also need to figure in the location kung saan mo itatakbo ang sasakyan mo.
    agree...diyan kasi you only have to get from 20-40 to 60-80 kph when getting on the highway. in the US you have to get from 50 kph to 105 kph while merging into traffic that's going 120.

the cars around you also make a difference. if 80% of traffic are 4-bangers also, it's not too bad. but if half the cars on the road are V6 or V8's, then marami ngan maiinip sa yo

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    To get good economy, the engine has to be strong enough in such a way that it can be driven comfortably. The LiteAce only has around half the power of a Civic VTEC, yet is much heavier. And being of small displacement, torque is also low. As a result, the engine really works too hard, and you really have to step on the pedal to get some speed. This returns unpromising fuel numbers, and if you drive lightly, you'll be utterly slow.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    allow me to bump the thread.

1.6L focus. :lol:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    with all these tricycles, jeeps, and vacant taxis around, you can't help but drive slow, frustratingly slow for those with high displacement, high bhp, high torque engines.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well, if you go through all the usual sh...traffic within the metro, it doesn't really matter much kung underpowered nga or not. pero kung fully/overloaded ung 1.3L mong sedan, and you're going uphill...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I could swear every DELICA I meet on the road seems slow...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
underpowered cars