New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless you're racing, it will most probably give better fuel economy than the bigger engines.

sure it won't be fast, but if you won't be going fast with it anyway (like say, it's a commuter car)... pwede na rin hehe

i won't want to be merging onto a highway or be chased by goons while driving one though :bwahaha:

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hmmm...

The Tsikot-bashed Mitsubishi 4d56 engine is underpowered yet a lot of owners attest its capability and durability.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    For example lang yun post ko hah. :D

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    depende kasi sa tao kung paano nya i-define ang underpowered engine hehe...

liteace - a 1.5 (5K engine).. sobrang underpowered talaga, pero sobrang luwag sa loob and relax ang driving position nya, pero frustrated ka sa overtaking hehe, buti na lang binenta na ni erpats

revo 1.8 gas (7K-E)- sabi nila mas matipid pa daw ang Ford F-150

revo 2.0 gas (1RZ-E) - i own this one, 8km/L lang ako highway driving, hataw parati, laging floor to the metal pag overtaking, happy na ako dito dahil hindi naman ito race car.. and you can't really buy a brandnew van/auv with 3.0L gas displacement na less than 800K..

siguro, if i've been driving a SUVs like escape, rav4, xtrail and cars like altis.. underpowered talaga itong revo 2.0 gas hehe .. kaso hindi hehe..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    a larger engine will have greater torque too probably, so it allows longer gearing (which gives less revs and thus, higher fuel economy)... but if i'm not mistaken, it all boils down to revs vs. acceptable performance.
    For me, it's a factor of engine power vs. acceptable weight. Namely, I don't care about the size of the engine, as long as the car isn't a huge lead weight pulling it down... examples are:

-the aforementioned BMW 316
    -the "new" Nissan Sentra 1.3 (the old one was so sprightly and light, you didn't mind the lack of engine...)
    -any SUV
    -the Crosswind (so it's relatively fuel efficient, but it would be more so if it were lighter)

What sucks is that while any engine should have enough power to do the job (which is transport people at 60-80 kph over moderate to long distances), the bodies they are put in just sometimes are no good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    frankdrebin,

lagot ka... diba 4d56 makina ni OTEP? :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Underpowered engine vehicle are dangerous in U.S. highways, specially when your merging to the highway from standstill (ramp to the highway).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    frankdrebin,

lagot ka... diba 4d56 makina ni OTEP? :bwahaha:
    Mali ka jan! 4D56TDIC yun...

Actually, 3 kinds of 4D56 engines were released locally, 4D56, 4D56TD & 4D56TDIC. Each having their own kind of parts while some were shared.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    the bodies they are put in just sometimes are no good.
    or the tranny that it is mated with.

like the 307. the one with the tiptronic gearbox is just S-L-O-W. but the one with the m/t is a bit fast.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4D56 TDIC only makes 99 bhp. Yes its slow as a glacier. Pero mabagal din naman ako magdrive kaya bale wala sakin yun. And when it does reach crusing speed (around 120kph on the NLEX), it can comfortably maintain that speed. I have no problems keeping up with metro traffic so long as I drive within the optimum areas of the powerband.

Siguro sanayan lang 'yan. I've been driving 'underpowered' cars since I stared driving (72bhp Pajero, 80bhp Benz, 105bhp MB100, 99bhp Pajero, 70bhp Besta, etc.).

And with the kind of traffic we have, having a small engine makes economical sense.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
underpowered cars