The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    right after the air filter compartment.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boknoy, yep, parehong mga diagnostic ang ni refer natin. Pang Nissan yung CONSULT II.

On the MAF, it is very sensitive... if its not dirty, it can be regrounded if the volt reading is "off". You can get a lot of info on MAF regrounds from Google (although this is usually for the GA and SR engines but it should be more or less the same). Bihira ang masira ang MAF that it'll need replacement IMO, unless natamaan siya or something (or if its miscalibrated, theres an adjustment screw for that). Its located right after the airbox and before the intake plenum where all the hoses/PCV meets up so its not susceptible to oil damage.

On the Sentra, cleaning it with contact cleaner every 10,000km is ok. The MAF of the NIssan QG16DE (engine ng bagong Sentra) is particularly sensitive (as in night and day difference in performance before and after its cleaned). Before i had the one in our Sentra cleaned, hirap umabot ng 120kph... after it was cleaned, tuloy-tuloy until 160++ ako on the same stretch of road.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano po yung contact cleaner? i still have my old MAF with me, sa tingin ko malinis naman. and how do i adjust/recalibrate it, i mean if i adjust the screw, how would i know if its at the right calibration?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The calibration can only be done if you have the CONSULT unfortunately... I've seen several guys adjust this, thinking it was the adjustment for the idling...

Contact cleaner, this is used for cleaning electricals/contacts. Meron sa CASA usually or you can check also at the hardware. Kung "off" yung reading, its a MAF reground (adding an additional ground wire) and cleaning combo thats done.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, masyado palang technical and requires the casa. hehe, sila nga ang nagrecommend na palitan yung MAF.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the MAF got busted again in just around 2 weeks. nissan casa replaced it under warranty, pero hassle pa rin yung pagpunta dun dahil ang layo (45kms)!
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bat ambilis naman yata masira ng MAF mo?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga, ang bilis naman. defective yung replacment MAF sensor o may ibang underlying problem?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka naman gawa ng air foam filter kaya mabilis masira?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pansin ko, post kaagad si MBT, talagang interesado sa patrol mo boybi

nya ha ha ha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
umilaw Check Engine ko