New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try to touch base with Auto.Xer (a.k.a. Ferman Lao) of Fusion R. They have turbo charged a new Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT.

They basically installed a turbo, intercooler, and a piggyback chip (SMT).

Based on the dyno readings at Autoplus, hp and torque rose very significantly!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... the only 1.3L engine worth boosting is from the Mazda RX-8. :bwahaha:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    IMO... the only 1.3L engine worth boosting is from the Mazda RX-8. :bwahaha:
    apparently not - well... at least as far as FusionR's experience on a particular Honda Jazz is concerned.

Personally though, I'd rather buy a higher displacement car.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    a 1.8 or 2.0 compact sedan would be much more logical, better yet turbocharge the 1.8/2.0 sedan and you're good to go!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If that 1.3L car is just your beater car, and you have money to burn, why not?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mataas ang Php/hp cost for a 1.3L project car eh.

and i think ung mga gumagawa ng ganun, para di halatang matulin..kasi iisipin ng tao, 1.3L lang un....kaya makakagawa ng frustration sa hahamon sa kanila...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire
    try to touch base with Auto.Xer (a.k.a. Ferman Lao) of Fusion R. They have turbo charged a new Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT.

They basically installed a turbo, intercooler, and a piggyback chip (SMT).

Based on the dyno readings at Autoplus, hp and torque rose very significantly!

according to Ferman, the jazz (turbo) performance is almost at the same level of a Civic SiR before the vtec kicks in.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di naman siguro useless, but probably not worth the money you're gonna spend.

Sabihin na natin mag spend ka ng around 80K-100K (all-in na yan, pati iba pang kailangan, IC, fuel management, injectors, whatever), the power you will be gaining is not that much in relation to the the amount you will be spending and it's still a 1.3 with a lot of limitations.

If I'm in that position, mag swap na lang ako ng makina with a bigger displacement.

my 2 cents

pero most 1.3L cars are lightweight, almost or a bit over 1000kgs:

vios, jazz, getz, charade, pride...supercarry/every, hi-jet vans... kung maging 160hp-200hp engine parang lilipad na ung sasakyan..parang power ang weight ratio..

pero kung figures alng pagbabasehan, parang lugi ka sa gagastusin mo sa 1.3L car mo...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
turbocharging a 1.3L engine: useless?