New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy
    So there is no "bolt-on" turbo kit for the Jazz? You really have to put in a "package" to make sure that the power is handled properly.
    Yes, the "package" is the right way of modifying your ride. Increased power requires uprating safety and handling characteristics of the car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i agree. but for me, so long as it was fuel efficient and would not give me any headaches in the long run(considering the vehicle is well-maintained which i always does), it's ok.

my take is, a car that can be fuel efficient but could also go fast when the need arise.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, the "package" is the right way of modifying your ride. Increased power requires uprating safety and handling characteristics of the car.
    Yup, too often most people mod their cars without thought of how increasing the power beyond a certain point will make the suspension, brakes & what not inadequate for the increase in power.
    The mod path we took for the FI Jazz is typical of how we prefer to go about modding vehicles as a whole to make an end product that is "complete" in all areas.
    Further modification is slated as there are plans to increase power further & a clutch upgrade is necessary to achieve that as well as more supportive seats.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex
    i agree. but for me, so long as it was fuel efficient and would not give me any headaches in the long run(considering the vehicle is well-maintained which i always does), it's ok.

my take is, a car that can be fuel efficient but could also go fast when the need arise.
    That's why we joined the Honda Jazz Eco run to prove under monitored conditions that just because a car has been retrofitted with a turbo, it does not necessarily mean that it will no longer be economical.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would like to put one in my Jazz however the secondary items is out of my budget. My idea on why to put a small turbo is just to increase my rate of acceleration to get out of tight spots fast but I wouldn't use it to run at 200kph.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, in terms of mods, that turbo IS small. :lol: At 100+ whp, it should get 0-100 km/h in just around 8 seconds... (Auto_Xer, have you guys timed it?) ...which in my opinion, is perfect for traffic duties. Still, I bet it'd be a hoot around a road course. The Jazz is one of those sweet handling cars that has a really stiff body... an excellent base for suspension modifications.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Actually, in terms of mods, that turbo IS small. :lol: At 100+ whp, it should get 0-100 km/h in just around 8 seconds... (Auto_Xer, have you guys timed it?) ...which in my opinion, is perfect for traffic duties. Still, I bet it'd be a hoot around a road course. The Jazz is one of those sweet handling cars that has a really stiff body... an excellent base for suspension modifications.
    No, we haven't, owner isn't into stoplight drags.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    have you guys done any tests on fuel consumption?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm.... A 1.5L FI Jazz would be a good project.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict
    Can you do this to a 1.5Vtec CVT Jazz ??? What would the expected final HP rating be at 6psi boost? Can the stock clutch handle the new power? I understand the brakes and suspension will have to be modified as well. And will all this fit in a 200K budget?
    Yes.
    If the older 1500cc Type Z Vtec which is rated the same(110PS) that we did is any indication. 150whp is possible.
    If you drive tamer then the 1.3 iDSI owner does, yes.
    Yes with the brakes, no with the suspension.
    Suspension mod will depend on what kind of driving you plan to do.
    1.3 iDSI owner used to race in SIR, his kind of driving required an upgraded suspension.
    Pass by the shop if you have time for more details.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
turbocharging a 1.3L engine: useless?