New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    As has been said, it's easier to follow the maintenance schedule as written on the manual. However, base it under "extreme conditions", which is what driving in Metro Manila is like (ie. long idle times, relatively short traveled distances, stop and go traffic, etc.)

When changing oil, never use an engine flush. It's never good for your car. It may help loosen up sludge on very old neglected engines, but it's not necessary if you change your oil regularly.

The best practice is to use good quality oil, genuine oil filters and follow the manufacturer-recommended oil change interval.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    stick to one kind of oil. don't keep switching back and forth imo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    magkano po ang inaabot sa Rapide kung change oil and oil filter? how about kung yun and tuneup? thank you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaw888 View Post
    magkano po ang inaabot sa Rapide kung change oil and oil filter? how about kung yun and tuneup? thank you

nge...bakit naman sa rapide ka pa papatune up?
    dalahin mo na lang sa gas station. better than rapide. as far as i know, di din ata maganda yung oil na ginagamit nila.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    you can also buy the oil you prefer and have it done somewhere like gas station. you can also diy if you want

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    dalahin mo na lang sa gas station. better than rapide. as far as i know, di din ata maganda yung oil na ginagamit nila.

wala kasi akong kaalam alam sa ganito. so gas station lang pala pwede. i have an innova 06 pa kasi. anong oil ba gagamitin?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

wala kasi akong kaalam alam sa ganito. so gas station lang pala pwede. i have an innova 06 pa kasi. anong oil ba gagamitin?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You can buy the oil you want and go to a reputable shop or mag DIY or do the PM sa isang reputable shop or gas station.

Re. rapide, try to do a search. marami kang malalaman.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I did buy Royal Purple oil good for 2 sets of change oil and good for one year, and then I buy oil filters from ACE. Then go for Shell station near my house for change oil service which cost P300.

Last time I did change tranny and differential oil at Shell it cost me P950 all in all. Labor + 5 liters oil

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    innova 06, pwede full synthetic dyan.

go to servitek na lang....they use mobil.

i would not suggest DIY, sinabi mo na din na wala kang kaalam alam sa mga ganito eh... hehehehe.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tune Up & Change Oil --- When is the best time?