New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mga sir paano po malalaman if kailangan na ipa tune-up or calibrate ang engine??? Ano po pala pinagkaiba ng calibration sa tune up? TIA

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    AFAIK calibration is for diesel engines. Vehicles (gas or diesel fed) should undergo preventive maintenance in order to avoid breakdowns. Cars that are overdue for a tune-up may encounter sluggish acceleration, poor fuel economy, and other abnormal symptoms.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Pag medyo noticable po ba ang shaking ng engine kailangan na po ba i-tune up or calibrate yun? 4ja1 po yung engine... Or is it sa timing or engine support? Need opinions po. TIA

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard14 View Post
    Pag medyo noticable po ba ang shaking ng engine kailangan na po ba i-tune up or calibrate yun? 4ja1 po yung engine... Or is it sa timing or engine support? Need opinions po. TIA

when you are not feeling well, you don't go to a doctor and tell him what's your illness and tell him what to do. trust your trained and experienced technician but verify what he purports to be and verify his diagnosis by a second or third opinion from another trained and experienced technician. that seems to be a problem with most car owners. from my experience, when i encounter this type D customer, i give him back his car keys and tell him to do it himself

Tune-up and Calibration questions