New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    gurus, kindly enlightened me on this. my brod is currently using my car. he had change oil last month and his mechanic recommended using oil treatment, on which he cant remember the brand. yesterday, i check the car and noticed there is gas pressure coming out from the dipstick tube. occasionally, may tumatalsik ding langis na pa kunti-kunti. i immediately advised him to changed oil. malabnaw talaga ang oil na nagamit nya, i suspect it is due to the oil treatment. i asked my mechanic on this. it may be blow by, but there are also cases, according to him, its normal even for new engines to have blow by. by the way, the car is isuzu crosswind XT. does it mean, my engine is dying?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    bakit mahina na po ba humatak ang crosswind nyo??

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if your engine is on then that is just normal. thinner oils tend to splash, but it circulates more better than thicker oils.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    check mo rin ang oil level but i think hindi yun ang cause ng splashing. haven't experienced it in 6 years with my xto. wait natin mga mahahaba / malalayo na exp sa 4ja-1.
    Last edited by XTO; December 5th, 2007 at 02:13 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If the oil flush was ran through the crankcase in order to clean the system, it's possible it was overfilled and could have overstressed the seals.

Another possibility is if there's too much oil, the residual oil in the oil pan might be too much so the crankshaft might be splashing on to the oil, allowing it to foam (?).

If you want to make sure your engine is fine, have the compression checked against standard figures for your specific engine and also check for any inconsistency.

You said malabnaw yung oil - does the car lose coolant/water? I hope it's not a headgasket/warped head problem. Have it checked na rin to be on the safe side since you don't know what really transpired.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tumatalsik na oil or even blow by is not yet that serious to bring down the engine immediately. When it pumps oil or looses compression on one or more cylinders is serious.
    This is very noticeable in diesel engines.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    4ja1 din sa akin 7 years na hindi naman ganyan.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks for the suggestion for a compression test. where can it be done? sa casa lang ba yan available. is it really possible that it may be due to excessive engine oil? in my observation, 4ja1 only needs around 3/4 gallon. but my brod's mechanic did fill 1 gallon plus the additive at 500ml. is there a possibility on that? sana, hindi ito blow by, magastos daw mag paayos nito.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    bakit mahina na po ba humatak ang crosswind nyo??
    actually, ok pa naman. malakas ang hatak. im just worried that it might be blow by. syempre, lahat tayo iwas sa gastos.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Isuzu dipsticks will take 1 liter to fill it from low dot to high dot.
    This means if the oil level on the stick is at the mid point, it only takes half a bottle of one liter oil to fill it. One gallon plus the additive is too much.
    Saan ang level ng oil sa dipstick?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
tumatalsik na oil from dipstick tube