New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I just read an article that says that the R-engine of Hyundai/Kia won't be coming to our shores because it's Euro V-speced and would choke on our Euro II diesel. Is this true? Is this the reason why D4D engines are so finicky with our diesel? What else are the other Euro V diesel engines? Would none of them work here?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    SeaOil offers Euro 5 diesel.

Eastern Petroleum offers Euro 4 diesel.

UniOil offes Euro 4 diesel.

personally, i'll be going for Sea Oil. i mean, if they claim it, the chances that they actually have it is pretty good, given that they are tested here anyway.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako, honestly indont believe thatbeuro 4 and 5 diesels the smaller oil playersoffer, because youndont see it advertised in the stations, if you ask the gasoline boys, wala at hndi din alam, so i believe it is all marketing and press releases lang...

unioil pumps claims 50ppm diesels nila... tried sa carens ko nung last na uwi ko sa cabanatuan.. ok din naman.. no noticable performance difference, only in price: 44/L (last month) vs sa katabing petron dieselmax na 45.5 that time...

Depending on which emissions control to be used, it can bet harder for an Euro-5 engine to operate with a diesel fuel with a higher sulphur amount. The SCR system demands a special urea-based fluid to be injected on the exhaust pipe, while the EGR can get damaged due to sulphuric compounds produced during the combustion.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    I've read something, somewhere here that BMW recommends its customers to only gas up at Seaoil. I believe BMW diesels are Euro 5.

BTW, is Seaoil really offering EURO 5?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    Ako, honestly i dont believe that euro 4 and 5 diesels the smaller oil playersoffer, because you dont see it advertised in the stations, if you ask the gasoline boys, wala at hndi din alam, so i believe it is all marketing and press releases lang...
    It says here daw sir, 0.05% sulphur
    Unioil

Parang nagkulang yata ng isa pang "0".... Dapat 0.005% para maging 50 ppm. Better yet sir, buy a sample hehe and have it sulphur analysed sir

Is it true that Euro V-spec diesel engines won't work here?