New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.- iyong Total sa may area natin sa J.Aguilar,- sumabay na lang ng presyo sa Shell... Hayyzzzzz...

How about iyon UniOil sa BF Resort? Last time I checked,- mababa ang pricing nila...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.9K _/_/_/_/_/:cat:_/_/_/_/_/
    yup bro... yun din ang napansin ko dun sa Total Aguilar eh.... kapareho ng shell.
    yes, yung unioil sa BF Resort Drive, mas mura ng 0.50.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.- iyong Total sa may area natin sa J.Aguilar,- sumabay na lang ng presyo sa Shell... Hayyzzzzz...

How about iyon UniOil sa BF Resort? Last time I checked,- mababa ang pricing nila...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.9K _/_/_/_/_/:cat:_/_/_/_/_/
    yup bro... yun din ang napansin ko dun sa Total Aguilar eh.... kapareho ng shell.
    yes, yung unioil sa BF Resort Drive, mas mura ng 0.50.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yung Total Boni Edsa, automatic less 2.00 per liter kaya mura..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    And yet Total Boni doesn't even come close to 1/4 the sales of the nearby Petron and Shell.

Iba talaga brand recall ng Petron and Shell. At the end of the day, they control 2/3 of the fuel retail market.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Any other Total station that sells cheap Excellium along Q.Ave, Taft, Manila area, EDSA QC? Mahal sa Balintawak and West e.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    And yet Total Boni doesn't even come close to 1/4 the sales of the nearby Petron and Shell.

Iba talaga brand recall ng Petron and Shell. At the end of the day, they control 2/3 of the fuel retail market.
    It's different for me. May brand recall ako sa Petron, but what always comes to mind is their diesel is not clean. Marami sa tsikot kasi nag comment na na-usok ride nila nung nag Petron sila. Ang Shell naman, impression ko always clean fuel.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope walang Euro 3 sa kahit anong products nila. They will bring Euro 4 as soon as everyone else does. As importers, it's easier for them to make the switch, compared to refiners.

Petron's all-Euro 4 gasolines haven't really been denting other players' gasoline sales in Manila. Dito lang naman sa Tsikot OA yung paghahanap ng Euro 4.
    150ppm(sulfur) ang premier unleaded

Fuels for gasoline engines

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    150ppm(sulfur) ang premier unleaded

Fuels for gasoline engines
    My source is the Technical Fuels Manager of Total Philippines. I'd know if Total sells Euro 3 or not.

Total Philippines' website isn't even updated yet. Check the file, that's still from 2011. That still reflects Protec 95 and Premier 93, not Excellium 95 and Premier 91.

And even if the spec sheet claims 150 ppm unleaded, it still has 2% Benzene, failing Euro III specs, which require 1% max. I have the latest COQs of Excellium 95 and Premier 91 and the specs are closer to the ProTec spec sheet, which leads me to think that the Premier 93 spec sheet that was uploaded is erroneous.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ah good to know. 👍

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    may i ask. is excellium diesel good for old school diesel engine? thank you.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    may i ask. is excellium diesel good for old school diesel engine? thank you.
    Yes bro. Has more cleaning additives than regular Diesel to help avoid soot buildup.

Fun fact: Excellium Diesel and the regular Diesel of Total actually meet all Euro IV standards (distillation temp, cetane, etc) except for sulphur (still at 400 ppm).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast