New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Question lang po. After initial changing of timing belt mga ilang KM ulit ang kelangan intayin?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroken View Post
    Question lang po. After initial changing of timing belt mga ilang KM ulit ang kelangan intayin?
    Typically 60-70,000 kms., although there are some that can last well into the 100,000km mark before requiring replacement.

Ultimately it depends on the car manufacturer, assuming that an OEM belt was used. The owner's manual specifies the recommended interval between replacements.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    your typical 80k service will include the timing belt, tensioner, waterpump, cam and crank seals plus replacing all of the fluids, filter and some other things.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    in part of replacing my timing belt, do i still need to make SABAY, the change of the Oil seals + Tensional Bearing? incase of the Waterpump does not need to be replaced...

or do i do this first:
    1st: timing belt, tensioner, waterpump, cam and crank seals
    Ipon Mode:
    2nd: Fluids + brake pads or is it ok to change my fluids on my 10th km mark, when i'll make my tune up? (ngaun replacement ng timing belt, change Oil muna ako, balak ko kc pagnapachange Oil ulit ako + tune up, sabay ko na ung fluids, pero ung sa brake pads, pacheck ko na rin, pagnagpareplace ako, kc nung medyo mabigat ung load ng trunk ko, bumigay ung hand break, umtras xa mga 20" ata ang inatras nya nung pagsakay ko)

Comments? btw, i'll be making this project on the weekends, update ko tong thread

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Unahin mo yung mga parts na kasya sa budget mo, tipong yung mga mabibili mo right this very moment. In my case, installment ko din binili yung mga piyesa ko.

Yung huling punta ko sa casa (65,000kms.), I was told na kelangan nang palitan yung front brake pads, timing belt, tensioner and oil seals by the next PMS. Since brake pads pa lang yung kinaya ng bulsa ko that time at mas priority ko yung stopping ability, yun muna yung inuna ko (Bendix). Brake replacement was done by the Servitek branch near our place. Then I went for the timing belt, then pagdating ng sweldo saka ko binili yung tensioner, bearings, and oil seals. Since malapit na naman nun sa 70,000km. checkup, hinintay ko na lang para sabay na rin sa tune-up. In the meantime, medyo alalay muna sa takbo.

Dahil binabalanse ko yung cost vis-a-vis yung quality ng piyesa, katakut-takot na computation at canvassing ang ginawa ko, patawag-tawag sa mga authorized dealers at sa Banawe shops. Gumawa pa ako ng matrix just to compare their prices. If you can find OEM parts that cost less than those found at the more expensive dealers, so much the better.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 19th, 2007 at 12:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    meron bang mgaling na shop na nagpapalit ng belts dito around las pinas area?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    bali nakapagcanvas na ako from Honda (kasa) to suking Autosupply dealer, bale ung timing belt mismo sa Kasa ko na bbilhin kc konti lng ung difference, tpos ung waterPump, Tensional bearing, Oil seal, made in japan lng daw ung sa suking autosupply eh, Ok na ba un? or i-push ko pa rin sa Kasa bumile? medyo, laking tipid pag sa autosupply lng bumile eh, anu frozen consequences nun? pag japan ginamit ko?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    do the belt etc muna. the fluids can wait imo. but not too long.

the belt and seals get orig. the waterpump and bearing pwede replacement. be sure good brands lang.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Buy original honda belts, tensioner bearing, crankshaft oil seal, cam shaft oil seal and water pump.

The reason for this is you don't want your timing belt to break prematurely (before the next timing belt change date). If it breaks prematurely, your engine will likely suffer severe damage and will necessitate a general overhaul - very expensive. So definitely get orig honda timing belt and tensioner bearing.

The oil seals, and the water pump you also dont want to fail before your next timing belt replacement. If they fail, your car wont suffer severe damage but will lead to oil leaks and or overheating (water pump failure). If they do fail prematurely and need to be replaced, you will have to remove the timing belt (and the alternator, power steering pump, timing belt cover, right engine mount, crankshaft pulley, etc, etc) again in order to get access to these parts. Just imagine how much is the labor cost for that (P2-3t?).

On the othe hand, maganda rin naman ang mga OEM-Japan parts. Problem is maraming fake and if you wind-up with fake parts it can lead to a lot of trouble. It is your call.

But if you can DIY, maybe you can risk using OEM-Japan parts, tutal mapapagod ka lang naman.

The brake repair, oil change, etc are not connected to the timing belt so you can schedule that at your convenience - or as-needed lang.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How do i know kung fake ung OEM na parts? kc sa suking autosupply naman un, pero kakilala naman, pero, cge, how can you discriminate fake from the Original one? medyo, may price difference sila in between ng Japan at Honda Parts eh, (not the Timing belt ha). Tebnsional, WP, Oil seals,....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Timing Belt Question