New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi,

I have some few questions in mind: (ride: Honda City ExI 1997)

Scenario, i need to replace my timing belt by next week and I dont know what should I and Where should I go with this, my mileage is calculating by next week it would be around 82k,

The Only Thing i Know is I need to replace my timing belt, but:
    - do I still need to replace also all Fluids and if ever, lubrications?
    or
    - should i only stick with the timing belt replacement only??

and
    - what are the other things that i should or inform the mechanic to check out?

help guys!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Hi,

I have some few questions in mind: (ride: Honda City ExI 1997)

Scenario, i need to replace my timing belt by next week and I dont know what should I and Where should I go with this, my mileage is calculating by next week it would be around 82k,

The Only Thing i Know is I need to replace my timing belt, but:
    - do I still need to replace also all Fluids and if ever, lubrications?
    or
    - should i only stick with the timing belt replacement only??

and
    - what are the other things that i should or inform the mechanic to check out?

help guys!!

Bro, much better if you change all the fluids, if you have extra budget, isama mo narin siguro lahat ng belts...para wala kana worry sa daan.

major replace
    1.Timing Belt
    2.Tensioner bearing
    3.sabay mo narin ito palit:
    -spark plug/air filter at change oil, sabay flushing narin
    4.sabay narin re-timing.

KUNG may extra Budget ka;
    1. all belts (excluding: seat belt ha)
    2. High Tension wire(pa check mo muna baka pwede pa)
    3. check all your hoses and clamps
    4. brakes at clutch (pa bleading mo narin)tama ba term ko dun

KUNG sobra sobra sa budget
    palitan muna clutch mo(clutch disk...etc...)pinaka mura na ok na clutch (FCC brand)

pag pinagawa mo lahat yan bro, sarap ng hatak niyan.
    Good luck bro!balitaan mo ako!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Obligado kang palitan yung oil, since NORMALLY, pati oil seals pinapalitan na everytime a timing belt belt is replaced. Actually, pati nga water pump pinapalitan na rin, para isang bukasan ng engine cover at isang labor charge na lang.

When I had my T-Belt replaced, oil seals, bearings and water pump lang pinapalitan ko. You only bleed the brakes pag may hangin na yung linya, (kasi matigas apakan ang preno, thus reducing braking power). Hindi naman siya SOP sa pagpalit ng T-Belt.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just schedule your belt change when you are due for a change oil.
    Never forget to replace oil seal no matter how good it looks.
    In case maputulan ka (knock on wood) don't attempt to restart!!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mas ok kung replace na lahat ng belts isabay mo... also oil seal..mura lang naman din ung ibang belts

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I recently replaced the timing belt on my 97 Accord (parehas siguro ng Civic kasi parehas na Honda) and I replaced the t-belt, balancer belt, tensioner bearing, all front oil seals and both alternator and power steering belt. I also replaced the water pump since it was driven by the timing belt para isang bukasan na lang (I hated the idea of removing the timing belt again just to replace a broken pump later).

I also should have replaced the alternator since a few months later bumigay na rin and had to be replaced but that is not really necessary.

Aside from those, wala na akong ibang ginawa since only those are related to the timing belt. Others can be done at a suitable time - budget wise.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sounds expensive... ^^

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Expensive?

Yes, parts alone cost me the equivalent of around P8T.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HI All,

Estimate Budget para sa lahat na yan? scroll up ko na lng, kahit post nyo na lng ung price, ako na hhnap ng post nyo, thanks

btw, i have called up Dondi of, petron Car Care Center ortigas and he said, papalitan ung Pump, belt, fluids (kaso Petron brand), seals, at etc. (di ko na kc matandaan eh, pero sabi may papalitan daw na O-ring?) mga around 7-8k estimate ksma labor... im not sure to take it there,

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I suggest that you buy the parts and pay the service station for the labor and the oils.

Buy Original Honda parts specially the timing belt, tensioner bearing, and oil seals. Baka gumamit sila ng low-quality parts and mahirap na ulitin ang trabaho. And mahirap sa lahat ang maputulan ng timing belt - it could wreck your engine or general overhaul at the very least.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Timing Belt Question