New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Speedyfix, question po: we have a Hyundai Grace but I was thinking of wrapping the headers with thermal wrap. Is it advisable? Will it reduce heat? The headers are cast iron and stock. If so, magkano and how long will it take to install? Salamat po sir!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You don't need wrap on a stock manifold... the iron already absorbs the heat. But it wouldn't hurt (not much, at least).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You don't need wrap on a stock manifold... the iron already absorbs the heat. But it wouldn't hurt (not much, at least).
    Ah ok. Thank niky! Pero will it help if I wrap it? Ang init pag long drive! Although hindi naman kasing init ng L-300 Diesel namin dati pero it's uncomfortable din. I also plan to cover the entire engine bay with DynaMat Xtreme. Mahal lang so I'm canvassing for a bulk pack para makatipid ng konti.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah... okay... so this is to protect your derriere? ...yah, it should help a lot.

The only problem is the issue of the iron eating itself underneath thermal wrap because the heat can't escape, supposedly, but on a stock engine which probably doesn't get revved a lot, it shouldn't be so bad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Ah... okay... so this is to protect your derriere? ...yah, it should help a lot.

The only problem is the issue of the iron eating itself underneath thermal wrap because the heat can't escape, supposedly, but on a stock engine which probably doesn't get revved a lot, it shouldn't be so bad.
    Yup! Hehehe! Salamat Kuya Niky!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    a friend of mine says you need to lessen engine wash kapag naka thermal wrap. i wasnt able to ask him why? totoo kaya?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    a 50ft roll of thermowrap is around 3500. labor will depend on how tight it is and how hard it is to get the header off. i'll need to see it muna siguro

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    *niky: stock pa naman po yung headers ko..

hmmm.. after reading the article posted by HyBrideVo nagdalawang isip ako hmmm.. ilang taon kaya magdeteriorate yung headers ko pag pinalagyan ko ng wrap?

i read somewhere that if stock exhaust can last 50 years, exhaust wraps could deteriorate the exhaust down to 30 years...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by silver streak View Post
    *niky: stock pa naman po yung headers ko..

hmmm.. after reading the article posted by HyBrideVo nagdalawang isip ako hmmm.. ilang taon kaya magdeteriorate yung headers ko pag pinalagyan ko ng wrap?

i read somewhere that if stock exhaust can last 50 years, exhaust wraps could deteriorate the exhaust down to 30 years...
    I think worth it kung exact 30 yrs... matagal na yang 30 years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
thermal wrap o repipe???