New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's probably not a bearing if the sound is not always heard. bearing noise is almost always consistent.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Tensioner or idle bearings gives us the ability to adjust the tension of the aircon belts. It also keeps it align with the drive pulley and the aircon compressor. The cheapest replacement is a 70 php bearing replacement to a much more expensive assembly (with mounts) that would run from 2,500 to 5,000php. YOu can localize it by taking the aircon belt off and start the engine see if the noise still exist.

My idler bearing was changed just yesterday. I did a test drive with the mechanic just 1 or 2 kms and it seemed okay. When driving along EDSA i suddenly experienced a halt though i was stepping on the gas pedal at no. 3 gear, and it continued even when I shift to gear 1 or 2, until i reported in the ofc this a.m. Is there a connection with the change of idler? What could have gone wrong? Last week it was the velocity joint that was replaced by the same mechanic, starting to doubt him but this maybe unfounded if there's no connection between the idler and the gas pedal/acceleration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tensioner and Idler bearing inquiry.