New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    '95 Corolla XE

On my way to province, my temp went 3/4. CHecked the rad and reservoir mukang ubos.. filled the rad w/ water and noticed medyo color rust? anu kaya prob? then check the reservoir walang hose yung takip diba dapat meron?

On my way home, after 10-15Km my temp was still 1/4%. Something is wrong after 5mins it should be 1/2 na dapat diba?

Engine naman: anu magandang ipalit na engine na 1.3L? 2E turbo or yun FTE something na model?

Edited: m/t pala thinking of converting it to a/t, what items do i need? how about using some parts of it to convert a/t to m/t naman kaso Honda?
    Last edited by ineedmorehp; November 23rd, 2006 at 01:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rust colored water in the radiator is a bad sign. better flush your old coolant and replace it with fresh coolant and distilled water, green coolant should be replaced every two years.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    Edited: m/t pala thinking of converting it to a/t, what items do i need? how about using some parts of it to convert a/t to m/t naman kaso Honda?
    madugo mag-convert ng m/t to a/t. palit ka nang ecu transmission, convert clutch torque converter, gauges with speed indicator, shifter. in fact, instead of converting one, why not buy vehicle with your preferred transmission instead?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    reservoir problem: you can buy a spare rubber hose from any surplus shop for your reservoir.

rust in rad: do radiator flushing, or lav'ramon cooling system cleaning

radiator temp 1/4: this happens when you're drive fast, esp/ in the highways. pretty normal.

mt/t to a/t: too expensive. for an old car

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, its not practical to convert an M/T to A/T, andami papalitan, pati radiator, iba kasi rad for A/T, may tranny cooler...not worth the cost and effort

Re: rust in radiator, kahit over-the-counter radiator flush kaya yan. They're very effective, especially Prestone.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    rust colored water in the radiator is a bad sign. better flush your old coolant and replace it with fresh coolant and distilled water, green coolant should be replaced every two years.
    orange na mga coolant ng shell...

Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    madugo mag-convert ng m/t to a/t. palit ka nang ecu transmission, convert clutch torque converter, gauges with speed indicator, shifter. in fact, instead of converting one, why not buy vehicle with your preferred transmission instead?
    planning on change engine narin of the same type of transmission. optional lang yung change m/t to a/t...

Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    reservoir problem: you can buy a spare rubber hose from any surplus shop for your reservoir.

rust in rad: do radiator flushing, or lav'ramon cooling system cleaning

radiator temp 1/4: this happens when you're drive fast, esp/ in the highways. pretty normal.

mt/t to a/t: too expensive. for an old car
    reservoir: ok.
    rust in rad: so drain and replace water and coolant, yun lng tangal rust na?
    radiator temp 1/4: this isnt normal. i've been driving this car for almost 10 years na and this is the 1st time it happened

m/t to a/t: hmmm mahal... sige chang engine nalng. 2E turbo or may isa pang model FTE something d ko matandaan. or any suggested model? wag yung mamahalin na mga 4Axx hehehe.

on the conversion pala, hindi namna ako gagawa hehehe yun shop siguro kaya im still considering it.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how about on engine?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    2e to an injected engine will entail more work since the fuel system will be converted from carb to fuel injected.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^ So what do you suggest the best option?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ... for daily drive pala... pang nanay kotse.

Temp and engine