New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pwede po ba ang Fully Synthetic Oil sa Nissan Sentra LEC 94 model? thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah why not? synthetic oil can be used on all vehicles. just follow the viscosity rating needed.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    yeah why not? synthetic oil can be used on all vehicles. just follow the viscosity rating needed.
    OT: sorry for the ot sir but just want to have a concrete asnwer from the likes, is rev x all terrain suitable for sportivo ? thank's

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    ok lang as long as you get fluids with equivalent or better specs or ratings.
    Casa fluids are not necessarily the best for your car. It might be the best for their pocket.

Ex. Toyota uses a so called "Toyota Motor Oil" thats SM rated with viscosity of 20w50. My car's manual says that you can use this oil as well as other thinner oils like 10w30 or 5w30. If i use the thinner oil, my FC may improve. However, I cant use the thinner oils cause Toyota will void my engine warranty if I dont use their "oil brand." Heck its not even their oil, I heard its actually repacked Caltex oil.
    Ic,

my point would be (that's why it is OT) is the Tranny , Power Steering, Brake Fluids, etc....

would it be Ok to use the aftermarket ones (lets say, MOTUL)

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    got a gas fed toyota engine... comes with operating manual that says oil change at every 10k mileage & 5k for diesel engine. but I go with the casa standard change oil PMS at every 5k. bakit meron yatang contradiction dito.
    pero may note na "if car is driven in rough and dusty condition Oil periodic change should be every 5K". siguro naman this dont apply sa road condition na ruta ko. ano nga ba ang tama???

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Ic,

my point would be (that's why it is OT) is the Tranny , Power Steering, Brake Fluids, etc....

thats no problem, as long as you use the recommended type of oil. (eg. dot 3 for brake fluid)

Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    got a gas fed toyota engine... comes with operating manual that says oil change at every 10k mileage & 5k for diesel engine. but I go with the casa standard change oil PMS at every 5k. bakit meron yatang contradiction dito.
    pero may note na "if car is driven in rough and dusty condition Oil periodic change should be every 5K". siguro naman this dont apply sa road condition na ruta ko. ano nga ba ang tama???
    it really depends on your usage... yung mineral and semi synthetic, 5k kms and 7.5kms max respectively or 6 months. sa fully synthetic naman 10k kms max or 1 year.

kung more than 10k ka a year sa usage, then ok yung full synthetic.

well, eto yung follow ko sa change oil rituals ko.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Ic,

Like Archie said, ok lang as long as you use the correct rating. Although, some premium brands like Motul and RP are better than more common brands. It really depends on your budget and preference.

For ATF use Dexron III if its what the manual specifies. If manual says use Dexron II, you can use Dexron III. They say that synthetic ATF is better than ordinary ATF. Cant say for sure as I've never used synthetic ATF.

Power steering usually uses ATF.

Brake fluid, most common is dot 3. Some cars use DOT 4. Not sure but I think you can use DOT 4 in cars that require DOT 3. There is DOT 5 which is NOT compatible to DOT 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Brake fluid, most common is dot 3. Some cars use DOT 4. Not sure but I think you can use DOT 4 in cars that require DOT 3. There is DOT 5 which is NOT compatible to DOT 3 and 4.
    Puwede yata DOT4 sa DOT3, but you need to replace fluids more often. I may be wrong though.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    alam ko pag nag shift ka from DOT 3 to DOT 4 dapat drain and flush container then place the DOT 4. (correct me if im wrong na lang mga gurus)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the only way you'll know if a specific fluid is ok for your car is if you check your manual. it should be in the glove compartment and it will have all the info you need for compatibility, viscosity, etc.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
synthetic or ordinary engine oil???