New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I drive a 96 corolla. I used unleaded gas from the time we got it in 1996 until it turned 6 years old when I switched to premium. I've been thinking of switching back to unleaded because of the high gas prices but a friend told me that older cars are supposed to use premium gasoline. Is this true?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I drive a 96 corolla. I used unleaded gas from the time we got it in 1996 until it turned 6 years old when I switched to premium. I've been thinking of switching back to unleaded because of the high gas prices but a friend told me that older cars are supposed to use premium gasoline. Is this true?
    You can simply switch to unleaded gasoline or whatever is the recommended fuel type for your car. Your corolla should run fine with unleaded gasoline. It would probably run fine on E10 gasoline aside from the slightly reduced fuel mileage.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Its best to consult your car manual to check what octane rating it needs.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gasoline fuels are all unleaded now, it's just a matter of octane level, from 91 (or is it 87?) to 95 octane.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^^^ may 96 octane rating pa .. yung petron blaze ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cathy there will be no problem to your car switching premium to unleaded...vice versa

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Do I need to empty the tank or I could mix the unleaded with premium? I'm supposed to have my weekly full tank later kasi.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Do I need to empty the tank or I could mix the unleaded with premium? I'm supposed to have my weekly full tank later kasi.
    no need to empty the tank

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

no need...both are unleaded btw...pwede ka rin mag E10, 2 pesos cheaper..

RON lang ang difference nila...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    no need...both are unleaded btw...pwede ka rin mag E10, 2 pesos cheaper..

RON lang ang difference nila...
    yup. pwede E10 dyan. yun nga lang, medyo decreased mileage.
    OT: maniwala ka kay shadow sa lahat ng sasabihin nya about gas... sumisinghot ng gasolina yan e...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Switching from Premium to Unleaded