New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by graphire
    yup.. ok lang to turn the engine right away. pero madalas parang automatic na yung paa ko to rev before turning off the engine.
    ako din nga eh... naging automatic na sakin to rev the engine before turning it off.... hirap tanggalin eh....

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hmm... bakit hindi pa ginawa ng mga manufactureres na maging fool-proof ang mga turboed engines? Dapat kahit diretso mo pinatay yung engine naka-on pa rin yung turbo for cooldown stage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because the manufacturers will make more money when your turbo breaks down and you have to buy a new one to replace it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never rev the engine before shutting down, not only will you force unburnt fuel to accumulate in your cylinders, you'll also risk the timing belt/chain jumping off a slot due to sudden change in engine speed.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    in my ride i didnt see anything in the manual that states i have to let the turbo cool before turning it off. unless i didnt get to see it in the manual. but anyhow. i wait around 20 seconds before shutting down. i guess thats good enough..btw..is there an indicator on the consule to check if the turbo is cooled?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    my sequence is turn off the radio, air con then the engine. Rev the engine or idle for a few minutes, I believe is a waste of gas.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    I let the engine idle for a couple of minutes kahit wala akong turbo.
    Me too, I do let the engine idle for few seconds kasi feeling ko naman may turbo. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Idling a few more minutes wouldn't even hurt your wallet nor waste fuel. I'd rather waste a few more drops of fuel instead of much costlier repairs.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babymim
    do you switch your engine right away, or wait for a few second to a minute for the oil to settle down?
    There's nothing but to switch off the engine in order for the oil to settle down. Revving the engine before switching off has no beneficial use but a waste of precious fuel.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ako, when I park i first look around kung potentially bad neighborhood, baka kasi may biglang tumutok sa akin!!! hehehe. It s become a habit. I just look around with the engine on para pag may suspicious characters na papalapit...oooops...change parking na and drive away. Ngayon pa, uso ang carnapping! BUt I usually let it idle for 2 mins. TDIC rin kc ride ko. Sa bahay no problem. opening the gate takes around that much time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
switching off the engine