New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    usually it's not good to put in a pod filter near the engine because the point of getting extra hp is to place the pod filter away from anything warm in the engine bay like the motor. If it's like in the set up like the picture posted then you'll loose hp. Well, here's a vid about air filters and hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q

2. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    usually it's not good to put in a pod filter near the engine because the point of getting extra hp is to place the pod filter away from anything warm in the engine bay like the motor. If it's like in the set up like the picture posted then you'll loose hp. Well, here's a vid about air filters and hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by robgowild View Post
    Safe yan sir basta maayos lang pagkabit wala problema
    Thank you Sir!

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Versoza View Post
    Attachment 23343
    Found this in an online selling site.

Question: Is it safe to have this installed in my car (Nissan LEC 1996)?
    I have the same installed in our 1992 eccs sentra :D. Simota pipe and K&N filter

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pdc2 View Post
    guys,

what do you think? what are the pros and cons of changing to performance filters? is it true na you have to change oil more often when using performance filters dahil mas madali daw makapasok yun dirty air?

I'm planning kse to install simota on my ride. thx!
    hi new in lang po ako, regarding madudumihan ang oil sa paggamit ng performance filters? i think hindi po totoo yun, kasi ang air intake is needed only for combustion, after combustion exhaust na po yun so hindi apektado ang system oil...sealed po ang crank case natin with the piston rings... intake and exhaust lang nagagamit ang air intake..
    Last edited by nadz speed; September 1st, 2015 at 10:54 AM. Reason: mis spelled

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    constant cleaning po ng simota filter kasi naka turbo ka, kaya yan nahigop ng turbo kasi clogged na yung filter....dalawa po ang function ng turbo, nag iinject yan ng air sa intake manifold thru compressor side at nag rerelease din ng excess burned gasses from your cylinder thru turbine side, so imagine ang turbo RPM is let say 100x faster than the engine RPM so hihigop yan ng malakas so yung clogged filter mo masisira, one thing more eh kapag clogged ang inlet filter mo tumataas ang exhaust temperature mo...

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
stock air filter vs. simota or K&N