1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ano yung MAF adaptor?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolite View Post
    ano yung MAF adaptor?
    MAF= mass air flow sensor.
    im using an aftermarket intake.the way i see it...if you want to use an aftermarket intake and the reason behind it is to save gas..you need to do a full stage one upgrade to get the full benefit of "saving gas".im talking about a full intake,full catback exhaust and maybe a chip(chip can be optional).
    a full intake will net you so small of a difference that its not worth it but if you do a full intake and a full catback upgrade..the difference is pretty big especially if your car is a V8.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hehehehehe 1.3 engine lang car ko, hehehehehe so maganda lang aftermarket air filter intake for strong machines....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolite View Post
    hehehehehe 1.3 engine lang car ko, hehehehehe so maganda lang aftermarket air filter intake for strong machines....
    aftermarket filters are good even for your size engine but if your changing to an aftermarket filter cause you want to save gas,a 1.3L engine wont benefit much just on the filter alone.
    if you want to change to an aftermarket filter not because you want to save gas but to add more HP to your 1.3L engine and your engines pretty much modified already...then youll benefit from an aftermarket filter.

lets put it this way....
    i have a 5.4L V8 engine and if my engine was all stock..i wouldnt upgrade my filter at all.id stay stock.
    if i wanted to save gas i would atleast change my whole intake and a full catback exhaust.if its just an aftermarket intake without the catback exhaust....i would just stay with stock air filter.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have an aftermarket airfilter not for increased engine performance, but to save on the cost of buying airfilters. Did it add power to the engine? I dunno. I don't race the engine.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    okay so in order for me to save more gas in my 1.3 engine is to change my catback exhaust and my stock airfilter intake, so if will not change my catback exhaust I will not benefit anything with the aftermarket air filter intake? am I right? because I dont really need more HP because I am not going to race as well, I thought aftermarket air filter intake is much better than our tabo(stock air filter intake), because just like in the picture that I have in my previous reply I will still need to change my oil breather.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    gas saving with just the aftermarket filter for your engine would be so small it wont be noticeable.
    as far as the car breathing better..yes it will.
    the money youll end up saving will be the fact that you wont have to change your filter every 6K miles or so.
    why do you have an oil filter breather to begin with?i have that too but probably for a different reason than yours.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I still dont have a oil air breather, the picture thats in my previous post is a 1984 ford laser the same as mine, just got that pic on another website forum for ford lasers, kasi kagaya sakin na stock may tubo papunta sa stock casing ng air filter intake,

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    okay lang kaya ipa hard chrome yung stock na lalagyan ng air filter intake? kasi yung akin malapit na magbakbak yung blue na paint..... any suggestions....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Share ko lang. Kapapalit ko lang ng air filter, OEM pa rin.

Dati yung full tank ko on my 95 lancer GLXI lasts up to 330-350 kms (city driving).

Since nagpalit ako last week, nsa 270 kms (city driving) nako pero half full pa lang yung fuel gauge ko.

Kung ako sa inyo, I'd stick with OEM pa rin.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Stock air filter intake VS Aftermarket Airfilter intake