New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I bought a 2nd hand Corolla GLi 1.6 4afe engine .. The old owner had the stock resonator remove because of rust, made it straight through set up and also replace the muffler with HKS Hi-Power ..

It's kinda loud for my taste .. I always like the sound of new cars like Vios, City, etc with their stock set up, its almost silent .. I saw a Vios with an FGK muffler setup and I like the deep bass sound of it unlike my HKS its a pain in the ear when accelerating ..

I'm thinking of having a resonator installed and see if it minimize the sound of the muffler, if not then I'll have my stock muffler installed back ..

should I go with a length of 14" or 24" resonator ??? With either resonator size, if I still dont like the sound of my HKS, I'll replace it with the stock muffler ...

I know the stock resonator size is 14" but is a stock muffler with 24" resonator a good combination ?? How will it sound ?? will it affect the fuel consumption vs a 14" resonator ??

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    havn't tried a stock muffler with a longer resonator. but if it's nearly double the length of stock, it should have a very noticeable difference in tone.
    a bit confused about your question.
    are you planning to run the 24" Resonator WITH the stock muffler?
    or just run the resonator without muffler?

i tried running with just a resonator before. just to test before installing the mufflers. it's too loud. really need a muffler to take down the sound level overall.
    the resonator works best WITH a muffler.