New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    TO ALL TSIKOTEERS,

we are having problems finding the right ring size for this vehicle and i just wonder if it is available in the PHILIPPINES .

manufacturing in USA AND CANADA is no longer available . any info that leads to a supplier is very much appreciated !

thanks and more power to all !

bambino

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    TO ALL TSIKOTEERS,

we are having problems finding the right ring size for this vehicle and i just wonder if it is available in the PHILIPPINES .

manufacturing in USA AND CANADA is no longer available . any info that leads to a supplier is very much appreciated !

thanks and more power to all !

bambino

RING SET-PISTON - Altima (L31) 2003 2.5L STD :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

2003 NISSAN ALTIMA 2.5L 2500cc L4 FI [QR25DE] DOHC Engine : Piston Ring Auto Parts

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you need piston rings from inside the Philippines, the X-Trail 2.5 is essentially the same engine as in the Altima, as long as you've got the QR25DE under the hood.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you need piston rings from inside the Philippines, the X-Trail 2.5 is essentially the same engine as in the Altima, as long as you've got the QR25DE under the hood.
    Hi Niky,

thanks for the reply , is there a reliable parts supplier that you can recommend and also will be able to ship it to Canada ?

all that being manufactured here in north America are way off the mark and having a correct one will definitely solve this issue.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why ship it there? Why not buy it inside North America? There are a lot of suppliers that offer parts for the QR25DE there... hell... even more than here, and such a common part on such a grenade-prone* motor should be stocked in most places. Try dvldoc's links first. Ordering from here and shipping there doubles your cost for such small items.

*I'm assuming that's the reason you're looking, especially as it's a US-made 03, which was notorious for eating its pre-catalytic converter... good thing we don't have that issue here!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    try rockauto.com

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    try rockauto.com
    i'll check it out ,thanks!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Try using RIK brand, RIK is OEM for Nissan cars and trucks. Here is the parts no. 23039-000 RIK part number.

( STD)piston ring set for 2003 altima 2,5l