New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sir hindi pa rin ok yung sasakyan ko. Nababasa pa rin talaga yung spark plugs ng gasolina. Paano ko ba malalaman kung may tubig na kasama yung gasolina sa spark plugs?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggets123 View Post
    Sir hindi pa rin ok yung sasakyan ko. Nababasa pa rin talaga yung spark plugs ng gasolina. Paano ko ba malalaman kung may tubig na kasama yung gasolina sa spark plugs?
    sa fuel filter madaling malaman kung may tubig ang gasoline mo. or baka may e10 ang kinakarga mo, madali mag absorb ng moisture ang ethanol

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    +1 If fixing the other things did not solve your problem, you may need a "hotter" plug. What sparkplug model and part no. are you using now?

Kindly tell or describe our friends how to identify "HOT" & COLD SPARK PLUGS particularly newbies in automotive. And please tell why there's a need to use "HOT" or "COLD" spark plugs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    When you say that your spark plugs get wet by gasoline, you mean all of them simultaneously or only 1 spark plug on a particular cylinder, or randomly.

There are two things that a spark plug can get wet by gasoline, one is too much gasoline delivered by your injector, but this can be check visibly in you exhaust pipe, if there is black smoke coming out of the tail pipe, that means you have a very rich mixture and the plugs color tip will look like charcoal.

The other thing is when the spark plugs quits, when this happens, there are too many causes that may lead to this failure, because spark plug are only part of an ignition system of an engine.

If we troubleshoot your problem from the cost-wise & most often point of view, spark plug will often be the first place to be replace, then followed by loose connection, hi-tension, distributor rotor, distributor cap, ignition coil, igniter, signal trigger coil, and on the other end is the ecu.

I need more data to properly and accurately diagnose your problem, here are some of them

how many kilometers have the car traveled?
    Do the problem occurs after traveling for more than 30 minutes?
    Is the spark plug that get gasoline fouled is only on one particular cylinder?
    Do you notice something unusual before the problem occurs?
    Are you buying replacement plug on the same store and the same type of plug?
    Do you notice any particular trend in which the problem occurs frequently, such as during accelaration only, or during idling?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgozon View Post
    When you say that your spark plugs get wet by
    how many kilometers have the car traveled?
    Sir, my car has already travelled 210,000kms. And yes, it is already old but I still see cars which have already traveled more than 300,000kms and they are still running fine.

Do the problem occurs after traveling for more than 30 minutes?
    I dont know. Basta everytime I check the spark plugs, palagi na itong basa at amoy gasolina.

Is the spark plug that get gasoline fouled is only on one particular cylinder?
    No sir. All 4 of the spark plugs are always wet and smells gasoline.

Do you notice something unusual before the problem occurs?
    Wala naman.

Are you buying replacement plug on the same store and the same type of plug?
    No sir. I have tried different plugs already. Pero talagang nababasa talaga regardless of the brand and even if its a hot plug.

Do you notice any particular trend in which the problem occurs frequently, such as during accelaration only, or during idling?
    Pag-kakastart lang sa umaga, merong hesitation habang nag-aaccelerate. Kumbaga manginginig muna yung makina. Pero kapag mainit na ang makina, ok na ang takbo niya nawawala na ang hesitation.
    Saka dagdag ko na din, lumakas din sa gasolina yung kotse. Kung dati nakaka 8-9km\l siya ngayon nakaka 3-4kms\l na lang siya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    If the exhaust pipe is emitting puff of black smoke during idling or engine running that is an indicator that the gasoline mixture being delivered to you engine is very rich, remove the spark plug before it quits and wetted by gasoline, and check its color, if should be charcoal black, if charcoal black, that would indicate clearly that you have a rich fuel mixture, on the other hand

What we are trying to establish here is whether the rich fuel mixture is there at the moment the engine is started or it just suddenly open all injectors simultaneously after driving for sometime thereby flooding the engine with gasoline and wetting all the spark plug simultaneously.

If the latter is establish, it could possibly a GND wire coming into contact with the Injector Wire or a stripped wire of the ECU to INJECTOR Wire contacting a bodyground, or the problem could be the ECU having an intermittent problem whereby it exhibit this problem by opening all the injectors simultaneously and prolong time.

If the former is establish where the rich mixture is noticeable at the moment the engine is started, there are many factors that may contribute to this occurrenc, it may be one, two or three factors adding to the richness in fuel mixture. As for my understanding you car does not exhibit any anomaly during hard accelaration (meaning floored accelarator pedal) such as overtaking hard. These are the factors that my contribute to rich fuel mixture, MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure), Water Temp Sensor, Adjusted TPS (throttle position sensor), the vacumm hose was disconnected to you fuel pressure regulator, fuel regulator, clogged fuel return, leaky injector (but you said you have replaced it already). Another cause is restricted air filter, MAF (mass airflow) but it think you engine is 4G15 ECI Multi, it has instead a MAP, or a low compression, leaky engine valves, the last two would lessen the AIR INTAKE of the engine thereby increasing the mixture ratio.

Patience is one of my key habits in diagnosing a problem, hope this would help a little.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sir hindi naman black smoke ang lumalabas sa exhaust pipe. Saka wala naman akong makitang masyadong smoke na lumalabas. Walang problema sa overtaking. Pero as i have said earlier, kapag malamig pa ang engine, may hesitation (hard acceleration.) And the problem disappears kapag nasa tamang temperature na ang makina. I have to rule out yung MAF sensor kasi nilinis ko na siya at pinalitan ng bagong air filter. Pero ganun pa rin napakalakas talaga sa gasolina nakaka 3-4km/l lang siya at nababasa pa rin talaga yung spark plugs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    based on your last description of the symptoms associated with your spark plug getting wet, looks like the injectors are always switched on. perhaps you can try to probe or scope the injectors lead if they are continiously on, or you may remove one injector and check if fuel is being sprayed from it the moment you turned on the ignition, but without starting the engine. the ECU
    might have gone bad and needs to be checked/repaired or replaced.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    That's odd, your consumption is 3-4km/liter and yet you don't have puff of black smoke coming out of your tail pipe, and the spark plug doesn't exhibit black stain on, neither your acceleration is bad, "Matter occupies space" so where does the gasoline go? If you have a bad ignition system, it will exhibit during hard acceleration, if you have rich fuel-air mixture it will manifest in your spark plug or puff of black smoke in the tail pipe, do you have leak in the tank or somewhere the fuel line/system? Did you check your plugs before it get wet? Please do read again my previous post and check again. If you have problem with the sensors, the ECU will detect it and turn on the MIL or CEL (check engine light)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
spark plugs basa ng gasolina