New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    hi mga sir. just wanted to ask assistance if my spark plugs are still good to use.. i checked the website for reference and i believe that engine good in regards sa sparkplug. but i also want to know if my plugs are still good for the next 15k run..

Those look normal. Reddish tips.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    what if a small amount of oil is present in the insulator before the metal casing of the sparkplug and at the very tip of the rubber of the ignition coil? valve cover gasket problem?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nang yayari pag worn out na iyong oil seal sa may sparkplug nagkakaroon ng traces ng oil sa spark plug sa nissan GA 15 minsan nagpalit na kami.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL View Post
    I replace my spark plugs regularly when I change oil at 5,000 km.

Just regular Denso or NGK spark plugs as per the car owner's manual. Cost for new plugs are not so expensive and if changed regularly can be recovered in terms of proper engine performance and mileage for the vehicle.
    That often? I think if you have a good engine, spark plugs should still work like new well beyond 5,000km.

The removal of lead in fuels has allowed plugs to last anywhere between 30-50k kms or as high as 80-100k km (long-life iridium plugs) before they require a change.

Although, it is still a good idea to check and if necessary, clean the plugs every time the car is serviced.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That often? I think if you have a good engine, spark plugs should still work like new well beyond 5,000km.

The removal of lead in fuels has allowed plugs to last anywhere between 30-50k kms or as high as 80-100k km (long-life iridium plugs) before they require a change.

Although, it is still a good idea to check and if necessary, clean the plugs every time the car is serviced.
    You're right on this. In my case I just spend the extra 340 pesos for the plugs each time I change oil. I just changed to Fully Synthetic now so it might be 7K or more before I put new ones again. I used Mag1 fully Synthetic.

I also do the change oil myself.

Just regular Denso Spark Plugs

Some of my friends change oil in my garage too and if they don't want to replace plugs then we have this spark plug cleaner using compressed air and blasting sand to clean the tips as well as the inside surrounding perimeters of the plug's firing end.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Those look normal. Reddish tips.
    Sir Nicky, thanks for the reply. Do you think these plugs are still good for the next 10k run? btw, i have already changed bnew plugs. but if these are still good, ill keep them for backup purposes or maybe use them on my next PMS.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    Sir Nicky, thanks for the reply. Do you think these plugs are still good for the next 10k run? btw, i have already changed bnew plugs. but if these are still good, ill keep them for backup purposes or maybe use them on my next PMS.
    Don't reuse old plugs. New plugs don't cost all that much anyway. You can keep them in case of emergencies, but not as regular replacements.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't reuse old plugs. New plugs don't cost all that much anyway. You can keep them in case of emergencies, but not as regular replacements.
    gotcha! thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Spark plug burning