New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    How long does it take to reach 10,000km? 12months?
    6 months roughly, sometimes over. But never reached 12 months.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yun din naisip ko...

for me it's the easiest way to see the condition of the engine... lalo na when looking at a second hand car...

yung iba nga buong oil cap ang tinatanggal... pero since maliit butas nung dipstick, mas madali makita yung kung may smoke
    Well.. dyan ka mali... smoke on oil cap and dip stick will not tell a good or bad engine condition.. mas mag worry ako sa too much oil consumption or rising oil level!

Nung binenta ko yung auv namin na may isuzu c190 engine bilib yung tumingin kasi wala syang nakitang usok sa dip stick at oil cap.. di nya alam loose compression na yung makina..

Try mo slightly block yung air intake inlet mo using your kamay or thick basahan at mawawala yang smoke na yan sa dip stick

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselpowah View Post
    How can i check the pcv valve? And i dont know where it is.

And one more thing. Napansin ko lang yung tension pulley may slight wobble. Baka kase connected.

No pc valve sa diesel.. did you put the right type of oil at motech change oil? Baka mali yung oil at nasusunog.. also gaano katagal yung 1 liter na oil consumption

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    No pc valve sa diesel.. did you put the right type of oil at motech change oil? Baka mali yung oil at nasusunog.. also gaano katagal yung 1 liter na oil consumption
    Actually di ko alam yung oil. Sinabi ko lang sa mechanic na regular oil lang and no flushing. When done di ko na nakita yung bottle ng oil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    1 liter of oil consumed around 5Tkm

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    1 liter of oil consumed around 5Tkm

yung innova ko, 2013 model, 10w30 yung oil, walang oil consumption. ipa check mo na agad sir, baka lumala lalo yung sira.

may nakita ako dati sa FB page ng Berrima Diesel PH, injector issue, excessive blow-by sa oil cap o sa dip stick din ata.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    May traces of oil sa tube ng engine air filter.
    A little oil in the intake plenum is normal. Leaking turbo oil seal normally shows itself at the lower half of the outer housing of the turbo. If it is coated in oil and nothing is dripping from above it, it is probably leaking. In that case the turbo has to be rebuilt with a repair kit.

Do you have any trusted shop to recommend a compression test.
    Di ko trust yung toyota commonwealth( had a problem with the ac blower and the solution they did was change the "air filter".... not the cabin air filter but the engine air filter.)

Assuming no turbo oil seal leak and the crankcase breather tube is not clogged you can go ahead with the compression test. I had one done at Edmel engine rebuilders. They look trustworthy naman.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Actually di ko alam yung oil. Sinabi ko lang sa mechanic na regular oil lang and no flushing. When done di ko na nakita yung bottle ng oil.

Yun nga.. baka mali yung oil type na nilagay sa motech... di ka sure eh... baka pang gas engine nilagay nila..

At 80k kms bata pa yan makina mo para bumigay agad unless may something out of the ordinary na nangyari..

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Your video clip shows the engine is normal. Perhaps you need to get checked for paranoia.

The smoke came from the dipstick tube not the dipstick. It is still normal.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    Your video clip shows the engine is normal. Perhaps you need to get checked for paranoia.

The smoke came from the dipstick tube not the dipstick. It is still normal.
    It is not normal. We have the same engine with three Innova's in the office. None emits smoke in the dipstick tube. That is usually a sign of loose compression.

Only a few engine show smoke even in the dipstick tube. Mostly truck engines, I forgot what nga lang.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast