New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It appears from the video to be no more than a oil air separator like a oil catch can with will filter out the gunk from your crank case that goes back into your intake. You can make one on the cheap with a air water r from a air compressor they work great for keeping your intake clean and reducing smoke but there is no magic to them. And it will significantly cut own on black smoke. It's one of the first things you should do to any diesel. Look in your intake pipes or intercooler pipes and note all the oil residue. This helps eliminate almost all of that.

I don't know what electronics they could possibly be hooking up that would do anything to effect that. Looks like pure gimik to me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DapnOmvhF9U"]YouTube - DIY oil catch tank using Air Water separator[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This device is also a copy of another scam device with the same name.

http://www.sonecare.com/web/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=28

http://www.sonecare.com/web/images/r...d2000g_arb.pdf

Quote from the site.
    Treatment Chamber - This is connected between the PCV (Positive Crackcase Ventilation) and the engine's intake manifold. The treatment chamber breaks down the hydrocarbons and other exhaust gasses from the engine before feeding it back to the intake manifold. It works like the Air Ionizers that we use in our homes, it purifies and breakdowns gasses and particles by the use of electricity. This results in return gasses that are easily burned when reintroduced back to the cylinder, which would mean cleaner emissions and better gas mileage.Power Supply Unit - This provides the necessary voltage and power that the Treatment Chamber requires to do its magic. It is made from only high grade parts to withstand heat, moisture and vibration in the engine compartment. It takes in 12Vdc and draws only a small amount of current, around 160mA.
    You can't break down hydrocarbons without burning them or reducing the combustion temps to the point where they cannot form, This with a complete fuel burn does this. On there site they use a picture of a simple check valve as their special chamber,

Which is simply a 3/8" barbed check valve. Like the link below.
    http://www.microchek.com/html/38b38b.html

If you see the words Testimonials it's a scam product period.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Do we have that device used in "DIY oil catch tank using Air Water separator" here in Manila? Hows much? It will help reduce the black smoke of my car (crosswind XT) based on your comment.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Do we have that device used in "DIY oil catch tank using Air Water separator" here in Manila? Hows much? It will help reduce the black smoke of my car (crosswind XT) based on your comment.
    Sa mga Hardware Shops (ACE Hardware), painting section meron nyan, look for air compressor oil/water separator. This is installed between the compressor and paint sprayer to filter air from oil or water.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Sa mga Hardware Shops (ACE Hardware), painting section meron nyan, look for air compressor oil/water separator. This is installed between the compressor and paint sprayer to filter air from oil or water.
    Thanks Youngrider. I will look for it on my free time, probably weekends.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxout View Post

Thanks.
    Put in new air filter.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Put in new air filter.
    I did that every change oil but not enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Smoke Belching Solution