The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Akala ko ba Suzuki Ciaz kukunin mo?

Stick with same brand dealership

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk
    un nga problema ko ung distance sa near dealer. pero situation lang yan if ever na kukuha ako ng ciaz

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    suppose your manufacturer doesn't recommend engine/tranny oil change at 1000kms. however we know that a lot of metal bits are going to be generated during break-in, some of which won't be captured by the filter, thus would float around wreaking havoc until your next oil change. some trannies have magnets to capture the metal bits, some don't?

so it does sound like a good idea to change the oils at 1000kms. any thoughts?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Merong Suzuki satellite office sa Baguio

Luzon - Suzuki Philippines : Suzuki Automobile

http://www.suzuki.com.ph/auto/wp-con...ite/baguio.jpg

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk
    yan din plan ko since palagi nman kami sa baguio dun nalang kami magpapaservice. anyway I just want to know the importance of the first 1000 kms change oil if it is really necessary.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KcireReaver View Post
    yan din plan ko since palagi nman kami sa baguio dun nalang kami magpapaservice. anyway I just want to know the importance of the first 1000 kms change oil if it is really necessary.

As a proud owner of a newly purchased piece of equipment, you have the right to have your purchase checked if you noticed something out of the ordinary or routine
    You do not wait for 1000 km.
    The 1000 km oil change is the dealer's or manufacturer's last check to make sure that the Friday afternoon or Monday morning produced car is within their standards.
    This time, supposedly, the oil drained and analyzed and checked and to do an overall inspection that none of the fasteners loosened, that all have been installed right and all fluids settled to range levels. In other words, checking the overall quality of parts and assembly procedures specially cars produced with cheap labor. Usually, in the U.S., it is the 3000 mile check. Usually, it ends up as a regular oil and filter change for an untrained or lazy lube tech.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    This takes the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    Usually, it ends up as a regular oil and filter change for an untrained or lazy lube tech.
    My 1st 1k check up was so fast, I think the tech just looked at it and said ok sir it's done!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I'm old school and for me the first 1000k PMS is crucial. Before I have similar cars but giving different fc's I attribute this to the break in period.

pag maganda break in it will run smoother and more fuel efficient compared to yung hindi maganda break in.

Anyway 1000pms is cheap and saying brand new car ang mahal pa naman.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by KcireReaver View Post
    what are these metal particles the engine will shed? you mean wear and tear?

Im planning to get ciaz but the nearest dealer is 500+ kms away from us. Im thinking of skipping the first 1,000 kms change oil. So Im just asking if that first 1k kms change oil is really necessary.

YES IF... you want to keep your warranty

YES IF... You want to sleep well at night

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    YES IF... you want to keep your warranty

YES IF... You want to sleep well at night
    Hehe, nice way of saying it. Malaking bagay ang warranty. if too much, then bakit kasi suzuki binili why not buy from another brand na malapit.

But if wala talaga malapit na casa, then no choice. Warranty or 500kms na biyahe. ;)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    suppose your manufacturer doesn't recommend engine/tranny oil change at 1000kms. however we know that a lot of metal bits are going to be generated during break-in, some of which won't be captured by the filter, thus would float around wreaking havoc until your next oil change. some trannies have magnets to capture the metal bits, some don't?

so it does sound like a good idea to change the oils at 1000kms. any thoughts?
    Mura lang naman change oil and you can do it even sa mga cheap auto shop. Drain and refill lang eh, why not do it. Ako 100kms nga nagpapalit na for brand new cars just to be sure.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i'm neither australian nor thai. you'll have to ask them that question.
    i do my driving in the philippines.
    and it doesn't cost me an arm nor a leg to do 1K oil change, either.

kayo, sir. what are your thoughts on this 1K oil change?
    Agree with you sir

Yung saken *1K pina engine flush ko pa.

Ngayon 63K na odo no problem pa rin ang engine

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast