New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello,

Hingi lang ako comments on using semi-synthetic oils on diesel engines. I currently use regular oil on my diesel ride pero parang gusto ko i-try yung semi-synthetic. Semi-synthetic lang kasi I find the fully-synthetic oils too expensive e. Also, even if I decide to change to semi-synthetic oil I still would want to change it regularly at 5K intervals.

Lastly, I have read somewhere that when you switch to synthetic oil you will not be able to go back to using regular oil? Is this true?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Most semi-synth oils use a mineral base oil plus synthetic additives so the advantages of synthetic oils is not really realized. If you're changing every 5k km, then just stick to a good mineral oil.
    Haven't seen any problem switching from synth to mineral again- i've done it.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    meaning not really advisable to shift to semi-synthetic..... rather mineral oil na lang * 5k maintenance..... all the while i thought this semi-syn is better than mineral.....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Semi-synth is better than mineral in a lot of aspects. But if you regularly change your oil every 5,000 kms then it's not really worth the added expense.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Semi-synth is better than mineral in a lot of aspects. But if you regularly change your oil every 5,000 kms then it's not really worth the added expense.
    sir.... have you heard of the brand "per'tua" na semi-syn daw..... coz they're selling at P150/ltr compared to castrol gtx for diesel.... would it be worth a try? salamat po! :question:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Per'tua is an additive. NO, I would not buy it. Nor would I pour one in my engine if they gave it to me for free.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    otep..... thanks! thou there is this new packaging that says "semi-synthetic engine oil" daw and not an additive...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bakit lumalabas nanaman tong PERTUA OIL ads dito sa pampanga...

its not the additive but its a SEMI SYNTHETIC OIL

more info --> http://www.pertua.com/products.asp

for the diesel engines they have the 20w-50 & 15w-40

here is the info for the diesel engine...

PER'TUA EXELLO SUPERIOR MOTOR OIL

(For diesel engines)

The best lubricant formulated with a patented oil and metal treatment technology that provides the engine excellent shield against wear caused by friction, heat, corrosion, abrasion and impact, and at the same time boosting performance efficiency. Being an anti-oxidant, its chemical stability and normal physical properties parameters are constantly maintained and lasts three to four times longer than the normal life of leading motor oils in the market.

Keeps engine parts highly protected even at the extreme conditions because of its high viscosity index or highest working temperature.

Meets Isuzu, Hino, Fuso, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Mercedes Benz and Volkswagen API passenger car requirements. Exceeds the highest service category of Cl-4 to sustain engine durability where exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is used and are for use with diesel fuels ranging sulfur content up to 0-5% weight. It can be used in place of CD, CE, CF-4, CG-4 and CH-4 oils. Exceeds performance requirements of Mack, Cummins, Navistar, Detroit, GM 6094M, Ford ESN-M2C121E, ESE-M2C153G and F.

Grades available:

20w-50 & 15w-40

Packaging

Packaging of Per*tua Exello Superior Motor Oil is, as follows:

1 liter bottle packed in cases of 24 bottles

4 liter plastic container

1 drum of 200 liters

[SIZE=3]
    anyone tried this?
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mmmm mmukhang ok subukan ah

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ginagamit namin yang Per'Tua semi-synth oil sa Liteace namin, wala naman kaming naging problema. Although gas yun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Semi-synthetic oils on diesel engines