New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi there, paki merge na lang kung may similar na thread na :D

can anybody please tell me more about this engine? lakas ba sa diesel? reliability,parts and maintenance details will be much appreciated...thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    hi pitbullz,

this engine is used on the nissan patrol mk series. in the US. they used it also in the IH scout II.

with my mk patrol i get around 8-9km/l on the highway. around 6-7 city driving. engine parts are not hard to find. and surplus parts are also available. for the maintemance. the normal change oil (9ltrs) every 5k km + 1 oil filter. valve adjustment every 1-2 years. and replace fuel and air filters. thats it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mintoy View Post
    hi pitbullz,

this engine is used on the nissan patrol mk series. in the US. they used it also in the IH scout II.

with my mk patrol i get around 8-9km/l on the highway. around 6-7 city driving. engine parts are not hard to find. and surplus parts are also available. for the maintemance. the normal change oil (9ltrs) every 5k km + 1 oil filter. valve adjustment every 1-2 years. and replace fuel and air filters. thats it.
    We used to have an MK Patrol before and it's a very sturdy and strong engine. The MK Patrol could run rings around the intercooler Pajeros on the open road. It never gave us any problems and all we did was maintain it regularly and cool the turbo down before shutting off.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    malakas din pala sa diesel ano? im considering buying a 92 patrol kasi. looks very solid. mahirap ba magmaintain ng matrol na ito?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We used to have an MK Patrol before and it's a very sturdy and strong engine. The MK Patrol could run rings around the intercooler Pajeros on the open road. It never gave us any problems and all we did was maintain it regularly and cool the turbo down before shutting off.
    yup yup ... 2x .... its just a great engine (very very reliable.. mine is 240T kms and still going ), nissan dont make this types anymore...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This is a great engine, reliable and simple to maintain.

However, since this model is quite old, you have to check if spare parts are still available.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    engine parts are available. just don't get shocked with their price...hehehe... there still surplus engines available in banawe

Sd33t Engine