New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i have installed 4=2=1 headers and removed the cat...the mechanic advised me to put a scub exhaust to produce strong sound...i really dont know what a scub is? what does it look like?
    scub exhaust is an open exhaust that ends under the middle of the car. It minimizes back pressure and it will be loud, often too loud to drive comfortably for longer than just a few minutes. Its possible to gain a few HP (1 to 3hp) but often, the gains in HP does NOT outweigh the loss of your sanity when driving such a noisy car.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    scub exhaust is an open exhaust that ends under the middle of the car. It minimizes back pressure and it will be loud, often too loud to drive comfortably for longer than just a few minutes. Its possible to gain a few HP (1 to 3hp) but often, the gains in HP does NOT outweigh the loss of your sanity when driving such a noisy car.
    YES. And people who have scub exhausts on their daily drivers are simply "kulang sa pansin" as it is irritatingly loud and noisy.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hehe thanks po ng marame...
    just for curiousity na lng po...
    san po ba nakakabili ng scub?
    price range po?
    thanks poh

soon ill have my stock headers and cat back...
    lakas sa gas pala...hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Price range? Free.

Just get underneath the car and saw off the exhaust after the headers.

Yes, it'll sound as bad as it looks. If you've ever watched a Starlet autocross, that horrible, ear-splitting buzz-saw noise is the sound of a "scub" or scavenger exhaust at work. It's almost impossible to drive such a car on a daily basis.

Save yourself the trouble. Just buy a nice looking muffler (around 8-12k pesos) and be done with it. The measly extra few ponies you can get from a scavenger exhaust isn't worth the pain.

There are only two power mods worth getting for street use. Forced induction (turbo, nitrous, supercharging) or engine management (which often comes bundled with the turbo). Everything else compromises either the driveability of your car or compromises the size of your bank account.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Everything else compromises either the driveability of your car or compromises the size of your bank account.
    You take Niky's word for it... he has first hand experience on that part.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks po sir nicky and sir ghosthunter...

btw, may topic po ba dito about sa lowering spring for my altis?

may pagka high profile po pala talaga ang mga altis?

i have a 17" mags na po kase and front chin and side skirt done this morning...

masagwa po pala?

hehe

anyways thanks sa advice po...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    thanks po sir nicky and sir ghosthunter...

btw, may topic po ba dito about sa lowering spring for my altis?
    Why not try checking the suspension subforum?

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144

may pagka high profile po pala talaga ang mga altis?
    Er... that's LOW profile tires.

i have a 17" mags na po kase and front chin and side skirt done this morning...

masagwa po pala?
    I could have told you that and you wouldn't have needed to spend thousands of pesos to find out.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir aejhayl17,

please check the website
    http://www.altisclubzz.com/toyota-altis/

It'll be very helpful and you will find answers to most of your queries/problems on your car, as shared by fellow owners of altis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
scub exhaust for altis 2004?