New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    tikboy ... it really might be a big help if you can post the link of the picture of the filter you are asking about.

I think I know what you are refering to.

Like this ba?
    http://www.vision-time.com/onlinesto...ils.asp?id=232
    yep... parang ganyan nga...

so, are you saying that indeed, the stock setup will be better during heavy traffics and hot days?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by tikb0y
    yep... parang ganyan nga...

so, are you saying that indeed, the stock setup will be better during heavy traffics and hot days?
    yup, stock (if it includes an extension arm) is better than "saucer-type" open filter upgrade because of the problem of heat-soaking.

An alternative is to adapt a tube/cone-filter (like Simota EFI kits) to fit your engine intake. This has been done on some more recent Sentra and Lancer (carb version engines). This would locate the open cone filter away from being directly over the engine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, you'll need an "elbow" connector to get this mod doen correctly.

It looks like the "Anti-Vibration Rubber Tubing" in the link but bends at 90 degrees.

http://www.simota.com.au/HTML/Fittings.htm

I've seen it being sold separately from Simota kits.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mr tikboy: on what car do you plan to do this upgrade?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my 90 sentra...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    er... Sentra B12 1.6 or 1.5? Not really much power there.

A cold air intake might help somewhat but it wont reach the HP of the GA16DE of the Sentra B13 1.6

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hi was thinking of placing simota (twister) free flow filter on my 96 lance EL itlog... so do you advise agianst this or for this... i'm really not into speed, just fuel economy realy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, using a cone-type will do wonders as long as you can relocate the filter to an area where colder air can sucked.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by johnj2803
    hi was thinking of placing simota (twister) free flow filter on my 96 lance EL itlog... so do you advise agianst this or for this... i'm really not into speed, just fuel economy realy
    Just keep your filter clean. The Lancer EL's engine just doesn't have that much performance potential. And when you do any "performnace" oriented mods, fuel economy starts down.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    er... Sentra B12 1.6 or 1.5? Not really much power there.

A cold air intake might help somewhat but it wont reach the HP of the GA16DE of the Sentra B13 1.6
    well, actually, i'm not expecting that much power from it. just a little improvement over my stock setup. you know, for some acceleration improvements on regular city driving. :drool:

basically, i'm planning to have the basic mods into my car like the IHE... i was just wondering if placing a saucer type filter would be good for my car since mine is a carb type, so the typical cone filters won't usually work without further modifications.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
saucer type air filter