New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    typical cone filter WILL work (marginally) but will require an elbow adapter to install.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, i don't get what you mean by an elbow adapter.

others had theirs fabricated. the one being attached directly on top of the carburator, then the connecting tube and finally the filter. i read somewhere that i could use the one used by an L300 carburated gas van. hirap lang maghanap. and i don't know what it is called.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An elbow adapter is what you need to run a cone type air filter. In theory a cone-type filter will work better because the pipe and filter can be routed away from the engine compartment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    May nagsabi sa akin na yung pangcarburator na air filter theres no increase in HP not like the fuel injected cars today....

Is there anyone who knows the solex single?
    Im planning to buy this because someone told me its better and effective than the airfilter for carbs...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Solex ...AFAIK they make aftermarket carburators..dunno if they make air filters

if you replace your stock carb with those solexes and webbers, performance will definitely increase but with the expense of fuel economy.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Solex ...AFAIK they make aftermarket carburators..dunno if they make air filtersSolex ...

if you replace your stock carb with those solexes and webbers, performance will definitely increase but with the expense of fuel economy.
    ok lang sa akin yun...Maliit na kotse lang yun akin kaya ok lang pang slalom....:D

Which is better solex or the webber 40 or 45?...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    dude, i just recently bought a saucer type filter which i connected directly to the carb. of my civic94. is it ok to put an air scoop just above my hood to let cold air pass through my engine bay instead of having a cone type with some modifications?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, a hood scoop will work. Just make sure you have some way of not letting in rain water. OEM hood scoops (e.g. on Mustang, Camaro, Viper) are designed to prevent water from contaminating the filter media.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
saucer type air filter