New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last couple of weks ago, i had my alternator change due to that its not charging anymore, the alternator i replace is the exact model and type, after installing it, 1 click and car starts fine, then after couple of minutes driving, i notice that when i turn the a/c on while in full stop, everything is fine, but when i rev it and pass 1000 rpm and release the gas pedal the rpm goes down to 600 and it stays there for like 5 secs. Then it goes back up by itself.. But if am not use the a/c everything is ok.
    We already check the voltage of the alternator and its giving out the right voltage, we use a digital reader and its normal with and without load.
    My main issue here is why when i rev it then release it right away the rpm goes 600 and it stays there for 5 secs and back to normal.
    Is this time to clean the throttle body and intake and all sensor?
    Hope somebody here can help me out
    ride is 1999-2000 civic manual 1.6 vtec engine

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i would probably check the belt tension of the a/c pulley and the alternator.

i think your vehicle uses a single belt to drive both. baka too tight or too loose, causing unnecessary drag when you have a/c on.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i would probably check the belt tension of the a/c pulley and the alternator.

i think your vehicle uses a single belt to drive both. baka too tight or too loose, causing unnecessary drag when you have a/c on.
    i haven't check that..but its worth a try..

FYI po, my alternator and compressor use different belt po..

i'll check it right away tomorrow..then will update you guys..

sana maayos nato..kakainis parang mamatayan eh..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    update kolang po..

my mechanic check the tension of the belts, power pump, alternator, compressor..ok naman po lahat..

i think its time to clean the TB?

hinde kaya yung computer box may sira?

any inputs would be greatly appreciated..

Rpm rpm rpm rpm