New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ok din ang suggestions ng mga tropa dito, and also before doin anything else.. check mo muna ang Throttle Body baka madumi lang.

aite, peace.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi... I've experienced the same problem...very similar. Nung dinala ko sa trusted mechanic ko sabi is marumi lang yung IACV or servo raw...so I had it cleaned. Ok naman sya nung una pero after 1 day bumalik ulit sa dati... So ang ginawa ko is dinala ko mismo sa honda casa at pina cleaning ko ulit pati yung throttle body... pero same parin. So I have no choice but to replace the IACV... That solved the problem. It cost me 7,500 for the IACV and 300 for the labor.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    clean the iacv, tb and maf and it should be ok na after.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what's a MAF? where is it located? and how does one clean it DIY style?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Same here. I recently had a tune up because of this problem. They saw that my spark plugs needed replacement, throttle body cleaned, tappets adjusted, intake manifold cleaned. They did all that but then why is it that my RPM drops to 400-500 when I hit the brakes plus when I turn the steering wheel while on a stop. Is this normal?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    for the RPM to go down while braking should be normal... but not to the extent na mamatay yung engine... one possible cause for that is syempre medyo luma na din yung vehicle and at the same time your brakes are equipped with "VACUUM BOOST" or HYDRO VAC brake system where the brakes are powered by the vacuum coming from the vehicle.. This is a cylinder attached to the brake system. It has inside a diapragm that when you step on the brakes, a valve open sucking all air inside, the diapragm will help multiply the force you applied on the brake..

some engines are equipped with vacuum pumps connected to the rear of the alternator.. this pump provides the vacuum for the brake.. but some vehicles gets their vacuum source from the engine it self, they use the vacuum created by engine cylinder while running... so when you step on the brake a vacuum will be created by the engine will be consumed, thus the engine stuggles for this vacuum to be constant to provide power in your brakes...

try pumping/bombahin (fast and consecutive pumps) your brakes and you will notice the the engine will will struggle, sometimes it will stall caused by the air created by vacuum boost..

so the rpm going doing to 650 to 700 rpm i think its normal... but lower than 500rpm should be a concern since it may cause the engine to stall.. if the engine stalls while you are running/braking, you will loose steering power, power brakes to control the vehicle..

also turning the steering will will cause some drop in the engine rpm since your steering pump is creating pressure for you to be able to turn the steering. this will be a burden to the engine affecting the rpm..

hope this helps

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Same problem i have, just clean IACV, Map Sensor and Trottle Body, ok na yan as long as hndi kna ma-mamatayan ng Makina pero kung medyo may slight na bumababa pa rin -100 RPM from Normal ok lang yun kc luma na talaga ung IACV mo compare sa bago na mabilis ung function. Pag namamatay ung Makina talagang hndi na nag-fufunction yun IACV for that case.

Kung may extra Big buck ka bili kna ng bago na IACV if you really want the good as brand new ulit syempre. Pero cleaning lang yan im sure ok na yan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    OT:
    1. saan banda makikita ang IACV ng 4AFE?
    2. ang pagbaba ng RPM while braking is sa AT lang ba?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
RPM goes down to 650 to 700 while Braking