New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano ba pag lagay ng coolant sa radiator? especially sa mga pre-mixed na nabibili, so pupunuin ko yun capacity ng radiator hanggan umapaw yun pre mixed coolant? or sa reservoir lang nilalagay then tubig pa rin sa radiator?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    paano ba pag lagay ng coolant sa radiator? especially sa mga pre-mixed na nabibili, so pupunuin ko yun capacity ng radiator hanggan umapaw yun pre mixed coolant? or sa reservoir lang nilalagay then tubig pa rin sa radiator?
    i guess is that you put it into the radiator.
    kung reservoir lang, basic name implies that it is used for reserve only, that is, kung kulang yung nasa radiator, then kukuha sya from the reserve which is the reservoir.

what i do is this, during radiator flushing, dun ko nilalagay sa radiator. pero during weekly checkups, ang pinupuno ko lang is yung reservoir.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It doesn't matter as much, because it will all mix when the car runs and the water pump circulates the coolant/water through the system. Just make sure you pour in the correct amount but the exactness isn't always guaranteed dahil hindi naman completely empty yung water jackets ng makina when draining it all unless you blow compressed air and thoroughly check and recheck before you pour the coolant in.

So let's say your cooling system is 2 gallons or 8 liters, just pour in half of each to be on the safe side. Premix it before pouring into the radiator or reservoir. If you pour in all 4 liters of coolant then you add the water, but the radiator tops off before you even finish all 4 liters of water you didn't get the correct ratio.

The radiator has a maximum level usually where the radiator cap seal meets the radiator cap opening. Above that and it's not used. The reservoir has a maximum line for filling, because you must understand that the water and coolant will expand when it warms up so it has to go somewhere - that's what the reservoir is for. Do not top off the reservoir for this reason.

Hope that helps...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kung drain and fill, start mo engine at paandarin ng few seconds. para lang umikot ang tubig. wag mong painitin ang makina. drain mo radiator at expansion tank. May mga model ng radiator na may drain valve sa baba. refill with premixed coolant. pag puno na, andar ulit hangang bumaba ng konti ang coolant. Kung baga burp mo yung radiator, para walang hangin sa linya. Refill ng coolant ulit.

Kung dagdag lang, sa expansion tank.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If it's already pre-mixed, just pour it in the radiator until full and fill the reservoir until the full mark and you're all set.

But make sure you have the same mixture already in your radiator and engine or are coming from a flush and have nothing in there or else you'll throw the ratios off.

Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa reservoir lang ako naglalagay pero pag dag-dag ay concentrated ang nilalagay ko. I'm currently using Caltex pero gusto kong i try ang MOTUL Inugel. Napaka positive ng review nito sa Motorcycle. I'm na mas ok ito kung sa kotse ilalagay. Me nakaka alam ba kung how much yung 1 gallon? nakakakita kase ako nito kay Speedyfix.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What I did is loosen the drain plug below the radiator, tutok ng hose with tap water sa radiator while the engine is running at idle until luminaw then turn off the engine. drain it totally and start the engine for less than 1 min then off para masimot. Tighten the radiator drain plug, pour 1 liter of coolant alternating it with absolute distilled drinking until mapuno, then start engine ulit para bumaba then fill it to the max including the reservoir.
    Nga pala I use the prestone 50% coolant, the one I bought at autosport to avail the tsikot jacket and t-shirt.
    Last edited by XTO; December 7th, 2007 at 10:28 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i just let the casa do it for me. para total drain

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    * sir xto,

magkano po yung bili nyo sa prestone coolant?bale 1 gallon n po yun d i b?premixed n rin?o do i need the to dilut with distilled water?

salamat po sir

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    is it safe to mix two different coolants? or i really have to drain before putting the other new coolant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
right way to put engine coolant?