New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ano po ung difficulty level? i.e. kaya ba ng newbie DIY-er, or mas advisable to let the experts do it? ung pinakamahirap na repair i've done is replacing the wiper linkage B)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong car ba yan sir? may fuel pump na nasa engine (operated by a rocker arm on the camshaft) at meron din electric pump sa loob ng fuel tank. kung efi yan malamang nasa tank ang pump, kung carb nasa engine.

yung sa engine 3 turnilyo lang yan. 12mm if i remember it right. pero need mo open valve cover para sure ka na tama salpak ng rocker sa cam. kung yung nasa tank leave it to the experts, mamya sumabog ka pa dyan ehehehe! spark, spark, kabooom!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    how would you know if fuel pump aint working or weak?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    '89 corolla po. i looked it up in the haynes manual pero medyo bitin ang instructions/pictures

pinagdududahan ko ung fuel pump coz i seem to get 'extra' power when the tank is filled more than half. pag less than half e parang humihina ang takbo

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I had a Gemini whose fuel pump was electric and installed inside the fuel tank. When it was no longer functioning, I went to a shop asking them to service my car at home. When they learned what my car was, they told they don't fix it but replace it with a universal fuel pump. Then, I bought a universal pump, installed it outside the tank and attached the hoses and wirings. Just as easy as that.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002
    how would you know if fuel pump aint working or weak?
    No fuel would go to the carburetor or injection. So your car won't start, or if you're running, it would stall - just what happened to my car.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    how much for the universal pump?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002
    how much for the universal pump?
    Sorry buknoy, limot ko na ang price - medyo matagal na kasi yon eh.

replacing fuel pump