New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

have tried DIY fuel filter changing.. however sobrang tigas.. which made me wonder?? ang pag higpit ba nito ay counter clockwise? or clockwise? baka kasi its diff. from the normal tightening and loosening style. Also san kaya makakabili nung metal na kinakabit sa filter... so as to tighten and loosen. Nakikita ko ito sa mga shell so as not to use the chain or belt in tightening.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can buy OEM filters sa Casa or replacements sa favorite auto supply shop. Minsan po mahirap baklasin ang fuel filter lalo na sa mga metal types. Have your suking mekaniko due the service for you. Goodluck. ;)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    mdpo,
    On a trooper engine, you'll have to remove the whole fuel filter assembly to be able to remove the filter without any damage. The tool you're looking for is available from true value or Han's.

The problem with the trooper's filter is that it requires a lot of bleeding after- about 10min of pumping, otherwise the car won't start. It's not a difficult job, just exhausting!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jackaroo: Nope not doing it for trooper yet ayaw ko pa kasi kalikutin under warranty pa! hehe di ko rin muna gagmitan ng biodiesel.

I plan to do this for my Mazda MPV.

thanks for the advice!

replace fuel filter