New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    what do you think guys?

yung kotse ko kasing type Z honda city eh 2x ng nabangga yun and madalas yung driver side ang bunggo.

so far ng una nadaan sa machine shop but now hindi nanaman align yung engine nya so i am thinking of either changing the engine block or the engine.

what would you recommend?

pag engine syempre mas mahal than engine block lang.

and if ever pag engine block lang ba tingin nyo meorn ako mabibili if ever saan at magkano tantya nyo?

thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if your sure na walang tama yung head, get the block na lang. personally, ill get the whole engine pero upgraded na.

edit: marami surplus ng engine ng type z. sa evengilista kay initial d.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks for the reply.

will try to go there later to canvass

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You can replace the whole engine with a more powerful one. I've seen Zs with B16A's on it. They're quite rare, probably because the car is not too common also, but the work is possible. Just expect to spend just a little less than the car's worth.

However, if the same engine is what you're after, there are quite a few shops, if I'm not mistaken, that handles it. Though if I were in your shoes, I'd consider an upgrade already. Probably to a more powerful engine such as the ones found on the LXI civics or yet, the ones on the VTi's. Your call.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yes i am thinking of replacing the engine with d15b or b16a if budget is availble.

d15b kasi nasa 45k replacement while ba16a or b16b eh di ko pa naitatanong kung magkano.

but if i am not mistaken b16 engine is like around 100k maganda sya medyo may kamahalan nga lang.

this will always depend on my client if they will pay me kaagad dahil i will spend 100k na kaagad on september for my vacation in singapore nakisabay lang itong mahal kong sasakyan.

so sa malamang na mag d15b nalang muna ako kasi malaki masyado yung b16 for my pocket sa ngayon :P

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    You can replace the whole engine with a more powerful one. I've seen Zs with B16A's on it. They're quite rare, probably because the car is not too common also, but the work is possible. Just expect to spend just a little less than the car's worth.

However, if the same engine is what you're after, there are quite a few shops, if I'm not mistaken, that handles it. Though if I were in your shoes, I'd consider an upgrade already. Probably to a more powerful engine such as the ones found on the LXI civics or yet, the ones on the VTi's. Your call.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IF replacing with a B16... I suggest to be extra careful how the new engine support is welded onto the firewall. I have heard of early B16 transplants into City gen1 that tore off one or two of the engine supports because the welds were not strong enough or the steel of the firewall is not thick enough to support the stress.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    To all the engine wiz:

I have a 1995 honda civic. Carbureted pa ung engine nya (PH15), how much kaya kung i-upgrade ko ung engine nya into VTEC (maybe '96 model civic's engine)? Do i have to fabricate new engine supports? Thanks in advance.

replace engine block or replace whole engine?