New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    unless the remote kill device uses GSM, GPS or other long distance transmission methods, i doubt the owner can kill the engine while the car is being driven far far away since car alarms have very limited distance usually max of a few hundred meters wala na.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Ang alam ko yung Mannix car alarm may remote start, di ko lang alam kung may remote off.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mazdamazda:imagine... a carnapper doing 100kph on a car... then the engine suddenly stops... you'll be endagering innocent motorists / pedestrians - heck even the carnapper... a car IMO isn't worth a single life. involuntary manslaughter perhaps?
    hmm...di kaya pwede gawan ng paraan na hihina ung speed gradually?

re the range of the remote control/signal...paano kaya kung baligtad? e.g. the car won't start unless it's getting a signal from the transmitter(on the driver -- not attached to the ignition key of course). kung walang nakukuhang signal, or if the transmitter distance goes beyond, say 200 meters, di aandar or mag ga gradual shutdown ung makina. di ko lang nga alam ung minimum distance from jacker to driver ang safe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I also have a remote starter installed in my honda. It doesnt need a remote kill since my car has a factory installed immobilizer, and you also need to insert the key in the ignition after the car has been left on for 15 minutes once you start it remotely or else the car's immobilizer function will kick in and turn off the car automatically.
    Clifford, Viper, Autostart, Compustar and other brands have this remote starter function. I dont see a need for a remote starter in the Philippines, but no doubt its really cool to have one.
    As for myself, its more of a necessity especially during the winter season and when you have kids. You really need to warmup the cars interior before you can get a move on here. Just my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had a remote start alarm once. pinatanggal ko. engot kasi driver. nag remote start siya, nakalimutan niya nakakambyo nung pinarada niya. ayun, binangga yung oto sa harapan!!!

ngayon, remote off ko using a turbo timer.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    question lang... ano yung turbo timer?

and kung naka remote starter, ok lang ba iwan naka on yung aircon para pag pasok sa kotse, malamig na?

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    meron bang remote on for diesel? hehe tagal ko nang gustong itanong ito.

turbo timer is a device where it keeps the engine running until the turbo cools down. I'm not sure how long but AFAIK at least 2-5mins, then the engine is cut off.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Ang alam ko yung Mannix car alarm may remote start, di ko lang alam kung may remote off.
    KOREK ka bosing . MANNIX yung remote/alarm ko and it functions as stated by the thread starter.

1 feature na nagustuhan ko is yung anti carjacking nya where you can turn the engine off from a distance. Since then, nakahiwalay na yung remote ko sa susi para in case na car jack I can disable the engine from afar. Yun nga lang hindi masyado malayo range nya siguro mga 100 meters.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kelangan mabilis ka tumakbo pag 100 meters lang ung distance. siguradong hahabulin ka niyang mga yan pag huminto bigla ung auto. heheheh

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sabihin ng carjacker sa kasama nya, oi pare hinahabol tayo tinututok pa yung remote baka may engine kill ito, ihataw mo na! :bwahaha:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Remote start/off ng engine