New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 339 of 390 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3897
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ Realistic yang 15GPH for small displacement, pero the larger the better around 40GPH ok pa.

*Jay, this is the secondary filter with rolled media & standpipe compared to pleated media of fleetguard.
    See those black, they are actually organic contaminants called asphaltines, very deadly to the injectors and pump.

Rolled media design is superb versus pleated media due to larger surface area of filter element.

Standpipe makes sure the fuel pump sucks only fuel from the buttom thereby avoiding air (if ever there are trapped air in the filter head). Also it makes sure all fuel passes completely to the filter media from top to buttom, fuel has no shortcuts unlike most replacement w/c has holes in the center tube.

The one on the left is the primary filter. Ordinary pleated media, WiF sensor, deep container for effective water coalescing.

We could actually extend up to 20k use(depends how trusty the pumps where u get fuel), see how the asphaltines go up, at 12k use its almost near the top.

What we are avoiding is plugging the filter with asphaltines causing restrictions,another is the primary filter collects wax during extended use that adds to plugging.

Plugged filter could pass water since coalescing does not happen and the water enters the fuel line in imulsified form.

When the water is in your injector, during combustion water molecules collapse causing "flashing" that dents/ destroys the injector tips.

Its still best to replace filters on regular interval, AKA proper service interval.
    Last edited by 12vdc; July 27th, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^ Realistic yang 15GPH for small displacement, pero the larger the better around 40GPH ok pa.

*Jay, this is the secondary filter with rolled media & standpipe compared to pleated media of fleetguard.
    See those black, they are actually organic contaminants called asphaltines, very deadly to the injectors and pump.

Rolled media design is superb versus pleated media due to larger surface area of filter element.

Standpipe makes sure the fuel pump sucks only fuel from the buttom thereby avoiding air (if ever there are trapped air in the filter head). Also it makes sure all fuel passes completely to the filter media from top to buttom, fuel has no shortcuts unlike most replacement w/c has holes in the center tube.

The one on the left is the primary filter. Ordinary pleated media, WiF sensor, deep container for effective water coalescing.

We could actually extend up to 20k use(depends how trusty the pumps where u get fuel), see how the asphaltines go up, at 12k use its almost near the top.

What we are avoiding is plugging the filter with asphaltines causing restrictions,another is the primary filter collects wax during extended use that adds to plugging.

Plugged filter could pass water since coalescing does not happen and the water enters the fuel line in imulsified form.

When the water is in your injector, during combustion water molecules collapse causing "flashing" that dents/ destroys the injector tips.

Its still best to replace filters on regular interval, AKA proper service interval.
    Wow. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Mine was just replaced yesterday. 60k pms. They replace fuel filters every 10k. Also I inquired about the fuel filter with glass. It will cost 12.5k +1k fitting. Since ok naman pala yung oem fuel filters then stick na lang ako dito. Total fuel filter replacement I think costs less than 3.5k with casa

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    oo nga ang mahal nag-inquire ako muntik na kong ma-pipi at di makapsalita sa presyo:aray:, my expected price is less than 4k but they quoted>10k
    Last edited by MrQ5; July 27th, 2013 at 10:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Parkers goes around 7-8k without fittings.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir,

Would any of you be able to suggest a baldwin equivalent oil filter amd uel filter for a 1.3liter suzuki jimny??

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    Sir,

Would any of you be able to suggest a baldwin equivalent oil filter amd uel filter for a 1.3liter suzuki jimny??
    Kung ito description;

Outer Diameter : 75 mm
    Thread Size : 3/4-16UNF
    Height : 65.2 mm

Then Baldwin B33 ang bagay dyan!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    Sir,

KCboy, may jimny ka na din sir? Hehe alam ko bt223 ang filter ng vit and jimny.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    KCboy, may jimny ka na din sir? Hehe alam ko bt223 ang filter ng vit and jimny.

Congrats sa new ride! Napa-PMS mo na din yan at baldwin na ginamit mo?

Sent using Lenovo via Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Congrats sa new ride! Napa-PMS mo na din yan at baldwin na ginamit mo?

Sent using Lenovo via Tapatalk
    RT, hindi ko pa napa PMS hehe baka next week. Ang sarap gamitin sa traffic, ang liit kasi. Ang bilis makasingit

Btt: kcboy, nasa fuel tank yata fuel filter ng jimny. Nabasa ko sa jimny thread. Post ka din doon para mabuhay yung thread hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sir haba ng thread eh, saang shop pwede bumili ng baldwin filter? Thanks!

Remote bypass oil filtration