New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004

hello gents. the above is a valve that replaces the oil drain plug on the oilpan. no more wrenching as it's got a switch/lever for super quick oil changes.

meron ba dito sa pinas nito? anybody got this thing, imported or bought local, installed in their cars here?

my engines have their oil filters accessible from the top. since it's easier for me to reach down and wrench those suckers free, a lever operated oil drain valve will cut down the time and effort required when i'm changing my own oil. less crawling under the car. and i can leave it to drain overnight.

tia,

volts

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Nice product. Saves you a few pesos also since you don't need to replace the crush washer everytime you change oil. I just hope it has a fail-safe mechanism to prevent accidental opening of the valve.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's really convenient but the risk factor of getting loose is great.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ayoko kasi natatapunan ng oil yung silky smooth skin ko sa fingers. hehe.

sabi sa website nila double locks daw eh. paano kaya kung kumayod sa humps? baka mapunit pati yung oil pan...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post

sabi sa website nila double locks daw eh. paano kaya kung kumayod sa humps? baka mapunit pati yung oil pan...
    Yeah, that's the other thing. Oil drain plugs are usually situated at the lowest part of the engine. The valve is at least an inch long.... I wouldn't want that jutting out from under the belly of my car.

However, as long as it's hidden or if the car has some sort of shroud or cover underneath to deflect debris, I guess you're fine with that.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi there,

I picked up on this thread because I'm watching when google indexes "Fumoto".

There is more information about this product at www.fumoto.com.au. I am happy to answer any questions you have about this product.

Not trying to advertise, just making sure people have the right information about the Fumoto valve.

Just answer a few questions raised.
    The valve employs a double-locking mechanism which requires the lever to move in 2 axes before it opens. It will not open during normal driving conditions.

The valve does protrude further than the standard sump plug but only by about 10mm. Also, most drain holes do not point directly down (usually at an angle) so effective loss in ground clearance is minimal.

Regards,

Jack

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post

mukhang good material naman, medyo pricey lang volts, say 46 aus$ (35)= 1610 pesos. bili nalang natin ng disposable gloves and copper washer

Quick oil drain valve (Fumoto?)