New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    makina ng supra to...worth na siguro ng 2 kiapride yan!

3sgte palang nakikita ko,e...

I'm planning to slap that on 97' corona.But it's a long shot since im not there and like you said it's hard to find one.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    cams, higher compression pistons, and polished and ported heads ... so sir.. do you know of any shops that could do this? even if i still want the invecs.. can the a/t hack the extra power? also.. stock engine is also sohc.. can i replace it with a dohc ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ATI in Cavite. It's on the way up to Tagaytay from Santa Rosa.

They do port and polish jobs to varying degrees, and they have a flow bench to test their work with. They do overbores, high-comp piston swaps, frankensteins, etcetera. My clubmate had his RS overhauled there, the port&polish and flywheel lightening (can't do the flywheel on an AT, sorry) cost only 20+ k. That's not including the overhaul fee, mind you.

A DOHC swap may be complicated. You have to make sure your engine has the same bore and stroke as the DOHC engine you're getting your head from, and you'll have to transplant the ECU, too. Sorry, don't know much about 4Gs.

If you want to maximize power from a turbo, you might want to look at swapping out for a manual tranny (don't know about wiring issues with the INVECS, as far as I know, it's a seperate ECU)... or getting a high-stall torque converter, that locks up at a higher RPM than the stock torque converter (like 4000rpm, for example, instead of 2500...), but then, that route is for more acceleration, not tranny life. Safest route, get a transmission cooler and switch to a more stable ATF fluid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    example ng gen 1 4g63t? ung sa 6thgen galant vr4?evo 1-3? alam ko rvr super/hyper sportsgear at super opengear and chariot gt...

nga pala, then you mean driverside, LHD or RHD, para malinaw lang...
    shempre LHD...

1st gen - eclipse, vr4, rvr, evo 1-3
    2nd gen - evo 4 onwards, lancer GT

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Paano ba ang registration ng change engine? gaano ba kahirap?

with exception sa LTO main--diliman,

madali lang naman na process yan, 500 lang ata..basta kumpleto ka ng documents:resibo,or/cr, ok na yan.... 1/2-1 day affair lang yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto requirements:

Change Chassis/Engine/Body/Body Design

Documents Required For Private Vehicles
    1. Original Certificate of Registration (CR) and latest original Official Receipt (OR) of payment
    2. Original copy of Sales Invoice of Chassis / Engine / Body
    3. Affidavit of Change of Chassis / Engine / Body / Body Design
    4. Clearance from Philippine National Police-Traffic Management Group (PNP-TMG)
    5. Endorsement from the Insurance Company
    6. Actual inspection of MV with duly accomplished MVIR [Download this form here]
    7. Confirmation of Dealer's Report from Registration Section / Regional Office
    8. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN)
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/mvreq4.html#changebody
    Last edited by ssaloon; August 16th, 2006 at 10:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by prysm_1 View Post
    Paano ba ang registration ng change engine? gaano ba kahirap?
    kailangan mo din dito ng dealers report sa pinagbilihan mo ng engine na ipapalit mo.at siempre mga lakarin na din sa LTO

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    paesnsiya. na hi-jack ko yata yung thread...

ok lang ba isabay sa change owner ship yung change engine?

or i-file ko muna yung change owner then change engine?

magulo pag ganun..change ownrer muna, then change engine...

pwede lang pagsabayin na walang hassle is change owner ang renew ng rehistro...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
pro's and cons ng engine swap?