New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    good day mga sir,

i have a problem w/ my '00 lancer mx... my mechanic said may problem daw sa 3 injector nozzles. so nag-canvass ako and to my surprise.. each nozzle cost about 6k each!!!

mga sir i desperately need cost effective suggestions... help help help!

many thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1chock3 View Post
    good day mga sir,

i have a problem w/ my '00 lancer mx... my mechanic said may problem daw sa 3 injector nozzles. so nag-canvass ako and to my surprise.. each nozzle cost about 6k each!!!

1chock3,
    relax, the leak from the injectors might be just the o rings that seal the injector with the fuel rail. each injector comes with two and a grommet that seals the injector-intake manifold gap from vacuum leaks
    jick

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    good day mga sir,

Petrol injectors can be checked and serviced for approx. 300 pesos each.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Petrol injectors can be checked and serviced for approx. 300 pesos each.
    sir do you happen to know where i could possibly bring my busted nozzles to have it checked/ serviced???

thanks

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    good day mga sir,

ano daw exactly problem ng injectors mo as per your mechanic? 3 injectors ba or was it injector number 3. medyo malabo naman mag leak ng sabaysabay yung 3 injectors (but still it;s possible). common lang talaga magleak ay ang mga injector o-rings.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    ano daw exactly problem ng injectors mo as per your mechanic? 3 injectors ba or was it injector number 3. medyo malabo naman mag leak ng sabaysabay yung 3 injectors (but still it;s possible). common lang talaga magleak ay ang mga injector o-rings.
    sir sabi sa akin 3 injectors daw yung problem... completely clogged yung isa while semi- barado yung dalawa

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    sir sabi sa akin 3 injectors daw yung problem... completely clogged yung isa while semi- barado yung dalawa

1chock3,
    have you checked the injectors with a stethoscope for audible clicking? there is a possibility of a wiring problem to the injectors between the injector drivers in the pcm to the injectors themselves.
    jick

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    what test kaya ang ginawa ng mechanic mo to reach that conclusion? tinanggal ba niya ang fuel rail with the injectors attached and nacheck nya actually kung barado nga ang injectors? try mo pm si 4jgtootsie nag rerecondition yata sila ng injectors.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kuha yan sa electronic fuel rail testing from picotech labscope

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009

1chock3,
    with all the maybe's, maybe the connectors to the injector have corrosion. thought it is possible they are indeed clogged, but three not working satisfactorily? you can confirm by measuring current to the injectors through connector B40 at the pcm. the wires to the injector are yellow-light blue, yellow-black, llight blue-green and light green-white
    jick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
problem w/ injector nozzles