New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    if the leak is comming from the hose then just have that replaced. if the tank itself is cracked then better nga to replace it.
    replacing the tank may prove to be more practical if the price of a tank is cheaper than having it welded...you will need to ask for warranty if you purchase one...you will need to have the new tank tested for gas leak first before installing it on the car, to avoid dismantling it if there's to be a leak later on...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    nag-canvass ako ng surplus na gas tank sa banawe. average price is 4.5K. mas mura yung estimate sakin kung ipa-hinang nalang with bronze. so ayun they pulled down the tank, drained and washed it. tapos hininang and nilagyan pa ng patch na bronze or tanso din. I only paid 1K... also by draining the tank, nalinis na din at the same time bec madami na din palang mga latak... solved na po ang fuel leak sa sasakyan ko. now I can consider this issue closed.

MARAMING SALAMAT SA INYONG LAHAT!!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I'm having the same problems right now. Can you tell me where you got it fixed?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    same problem with mine. may leak na yung gas tank. nalaman ko nalang nun nagpafull tank ako. nasayang tuloy ang gas. tsk tsk
    taga mandaluyong din ako, san kaya magaling magpaayos nito???
    attention duncan_sheek!!!
    thanks.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    got the same problem... napagawa ko na yung dalawang butas sa ibabaw ng tank ko. pero after a month kumatas ulit.. saan kaya makakabili ng fuel tank and mga magkano for a lancer 95'?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    should be pretty easy to get one pero be sure to specify whether it is for a injected or carburated engine since iba sila.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Injected yung engine ko.. Meron ba kayo alam?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ser Duncan,

saan ka nagpagawa ng fuel tank mo?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    buy it in eldorado...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Same problem. Ser Duncan (or anybody), san ka nagpagawa? My unit is a 95 corolla gli. Malapit ako sa pasig, san kaya dun pede magpaayos ng tank? tnx!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
possible fuel tank leak