New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    [SIZE=2]Hello guys..im just new and it feels great to be here..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]i have a 1994 isuzu trooper (4JG2 engine) and i had the engine rebuilt 5 mos. ago. i have a problem with OIL & FUEL consumption.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]With regards to the oil problem, i noticed that the turbo has a lot of oil in it. some mechanics told me that they'll redirect the breather hose to the dipstick so that it wouldnt waste oil.. but is this really goin' to solve the problem?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]also with the excessive fuel consumption, i just had it calibrated too, nozzle tips were also replaced but it still consumes around 3-5 kms/liter. what are the causes, and wht should i do? pls. help..tnx[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if you say REBUILT , ibinaba yung makina at pina machine shop ang block at cylinder head . yun ba ang ginawa sa oto mo ?

or DUKUT lang ( overhaul )

SA PALAGAY KO LOSS COMPRESSION AGAD ANG ENGINE MO.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    try to bring your ride to central diesel, for check up. im sure they'll know what to do... or you can pm sir dieseldude, he can help you alot.... grabe daig pa ng ride mo ang expedition sa f/c.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    if you say REBUILT , ibinaba yung makina at pina machine shop ang block at cylinder head . yun ba ang ginawa sa oto mo ?

or DUKUT lang ( overhaul )

SA PALAGAY KO LOSS COMPRESSION AGAD ANG ENGINE MO.
    na overhaul sya..bale npalitan ung piston rings n liner sleeves,timing belt n gaskets..ayun..pro bkt gnun parin?waahh..tnx sa rply..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    try to bring your ride to central diesel, for check up. im sure they'll know what to do... or you can pm sir dieseldude, he can help you alot.... grabe daig pa ng ride mo ang expedition sa f/c.
    un lng..baguio po kasi ako eh..hehe..tnx

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Who did your engine?
    You have to confirm the source of oil. Pwedeng oil seal sa turbo, blowby sa pistons or too much oil.
    Ako kasi pag break in I run the engine hard but monitoring temperature para maganda and seating ng rings against walls.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir yung mb100 thread me nabasa ako dun kung bakit malakas kmunsumo ng krudo ang mb nya sabi nya me singaw daw sa chamber me air pressure na lumalabas baka ganun din sayo??

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aris 4jg2 View Post
    [SIZE=2]i have a 1994 isuzu trooper (4JG2 engine) and i had the engine rebuilt 5 mos. ago. i have a problem with OIL & FUEL consumption.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]With regards to the oil problem, i noticed that the turbo has a lot of oil in it. some mechanics told me that they'll redirect the breather hose to the dipstick so that it wouldnt waste oil.. but is this really goin' to solve the problem?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]also with the excessive fuel consumption, i just had it calibrated too, nozzle tips were also replaced but it still consumes around 3-5 kms/liter. what are the causes, and wht should i do? pls. help..tnx[/SIZE]
    sometimes, redirecting breather hose or PCV works. specialy with bad airfilters rides. but it is not a mechanic's solution. it's a temporary solution for us tsikoteers and it doesn't always work...

does your ride smoke on idle after stopping from a long highway?

IMO, bad overhaul Job... It's uncommon...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aris 4jg2 View Post
    I just posted a reply at our "Diesel fuel injection helpdesk".

pls help!!!!